Handshake

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
ahchee

Handshake

Post by ahchee »

Hi

Been using a Nikon wt-4 on d300's - time to modernise my cameras but i don't like the nikon wt-5 solution (well the cost anyway - I could pick up 2nd hand wt-4s for a fraction)

Been trialing dashboard using wireless nikon d300's (dslrdashboard on mac running yosemite) and tp-link router running the v2 firmware upgrade very impressed so far but ...

Start with a little background - a few events but mostly studio based working with kids so loads of rolling around on the floor with the rugrats- the wt-4 wires get pulled out, the battery runs out, the network goes down etc etc - the old wt-4 ALLWAYS picks up from where it fell over and i've never lost a file EVER, hand on heart

Can't say the same for this setup - i've experimented pulling wires out when files are xfering - dslr dashboard will crash, will have corrupted half files on the mac and lost data - sure files are on the card but I don't want to have to go back and find the missing ones

So - you may want to take this on board, a request from the real world/front line - any chance of a handshake system like the nikon, so incomplete transfers can be restarted, oh and a more robust qdslrdashboard

thanks