Auto minimum/maximum exposure bracketing calculator?

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
Alfred

Auto minimum/maximum exposure bracketing calculator?

Post by Alfred »

Hello,

I'm using qDslrDashboard for Windows with a Nikon D3300, it is very nice but I'd suggest (if possible), adding an auto minimum/maximum exposure calculator for bracketing (like an auto spot metering calculated from both the brightest and darkest area), so that the user can firstly know how many stops apart are the min/max in the scene and then just choose how many brackets to split the whole min/max exposure range needed to be covered in such a scene.

If this is already present, I can't find it, my apologies.

Also, is mirror lockup (or mirror long delay, like 5s) possible to be kept during the whole bracketing set, so that there is less vibration and only the shutter is actuated?

Thank you

Alfred
GonzoG

Re: Auto minimum/maximum exposure bracketing calculator?

Post by GonzoG »

The mirror lock for whole photo sequence can be done only if camera has such function. D3300 definitely does not have it.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

GonzoG wrote: 24 May 2017, 07:46 The mirror lock for whole photo sequence can be done only if camera has such function. D3300 definitely does not have it.
Thanks for your reply. I thought it was possible using a "delayed capture" setting? http://dslrdashboard.info/phpBB3/viewto ... ?t=53#p181

What about the min/max exposure bracketing?

Thank you
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

For this you have to wait for Hubaiz. He's the author of qDD.
Possibly it can be done but I think it is better to do it manually. Just set meter to spot, camera to aperture priority, iso manually and check what camera shows on brightest and darkest spot. Remember those shutter times and go to bracketing to set correct number of photos and bracketing stepa.
qDD's bracketing shows what times you get with every photo.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

GonzoG wrote: 25 May 2017, 08:00 For this you have to wait for Hubaiz. He's the author of qDD.
Possibly it can be done but I think it is better to do it manually. Just set meter to spot, camera to aperture priority, iso manually and check what camera shows on brightest and darkest spot. Remember those shutter times and go to bracketing to set correct number of photos and bracketing stepa.
qDD's bracketing shows what times you get with every photo.
I see, thank you :)