D7200 video recording and playback on android

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
adinis78

D7200 video recording and playback on android

Post by adinis78 »

hello all, i have been using a few versions of qdslrdashboard but i am having issues recording video and playing it back on android. I have used v.2.9 and v 3.0 beta and cant get video to work. I am using a D7200. Everythings else seens to work so far. I am connecting via usb. Any suggestions.? Thanks.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: D7200 video recording and playback on android

Post by hubaiz »

Is the D7200 live view mode set to movie mode? (in V0.3 the live view mode can be changed on the left side)
If it is set to movie mode do you see the record button?
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

Connected the camera to my phone. Turned qsdlrdashboard app on. Turned on camera. Camera set to movie mode. I can see image from camera on phone. On the left I see a box with LV and a Video Camera logo and its red. Underneath that is a box with just the video camera logo and its in white , when I press t nothing happens. Any suggestions?
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

Just connected the camera to see phone using USB. Started qdslrdashboard app. Turned on camera. Camera set to video mode. When viewing through the app I see everything I'm point at with the camera. On the left side I see a box with LV and a picture of a video camera and its red. On the bottom of that there is a box with a picture of a video camera and its in white. When I press it nothing happens. Any suggestions?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Can you please run this debug build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMZ8X ... sp=sharing
It will create a qdd_<date_time>.log file in your Android device Documents folder.
Please try and start movie recording.
Send the log file to the support email.
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

OK I got a reply from the support email, here is their reply

"Hi

Thanks.
Checked the log file and I see that qDD does send the start movie recording command but for some reason the camera refuses to start the recording
14:53:14:592 Debug: Error starting Nikon Movie recording: 40964
According the Nikon documentation this error is (A004): Indicates that the operation is invalid depending on the status of the camera

So seams some camera setting prevents the camera to perform movie recording.
"

Can anyone advice on the proper setting I should be on in order to record video and play it back. My normal set-up is M 1/50 f/11 recording 1080p/24fs. Thanks.
dslr

Post by dslr »

i believe this is similar 'no function on record button' in the error reports section
not sure which v0.3 beta version k.d. tested at the time

http://dslrdashboard.info/phpBB3/viewto ... ?f=5&t=350
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

Has anyone been able to get it to work in any version?
mmustaja

Post by mmustaja »

No luck at least here... Tried different camera modes on USB. They record from camera button but not from dash. Makes me think damn Nikon does not take this command on remote, whatever the camera mode.