Wifi support for D5500 Nikon

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
cambuyer

Wifi support for D5500 Nikon

Post by cambuyer »

Hi,
This might be answered on a page somewhere but i cannot find it. I tried to go through the main dslr page, and did forum searches, i only found one mention of d5500 but not answering this question. The site was a little hard to navigate and didn't really explain the app properly to answer my specific question either.

I am considering buying a Nikon D5500, and the Nikon stock wifi app seems very average. You cannot trigger off video, and you seem unable to do a lot of basic stuff like exposure settings, iso, apptr etc like you can with Canon, since i want to do time lapses etc but not have to go to the camera every other minute. I was going to almost buy a canon and use a tplink wifi router with some app solution but have decided the Nikon d5500 is a better image. If only for the very average wifi app.

Does this dslrdb app work with the D5500, and would i be able to change all of these settings, from either my Asus Nexus 7 tablet, or from my Samsung s5 mini, and if not, will i likely be able to via wifi in future? And if not, perhaps is there a cheap plugin option to give me this, or using a tplink router? It seems rediculous i need to plug an extra accessory in to get such simple functionality, but it seems both vendors don't want to just provide an actual real decent wifi solution.

Thanks in advance.