Some problems with TPlink and IOS

qDslrDashbord error reports
jmeyer

Some problems with TPlink and IOS

Post by jmeyer »

Hi,
I received my TPLink router two days ago and started some tests before leaving for holidays. Here are some points that I don't understand.

I use the IOS App on iPhone 5S and connect the Router to my two DSLRs (only one at a time) Nikon D300s and Nikon D 90. I start the app, connect to my camera and everything seems to be fine. I can change settings, set the AF in LiveMode and so on. In Capture settings the only setting that I checked is "Image review after capture". In Image related settings I only have checked the "Delete thumbs" options.

When I press the Capture button, I can see the"Capturing" Message and then it goes directly back to LiveMode. No Picture is taken at this moment, there is none on my two cards and none on the iPhone. I have tried different settings like RAW only and RAW and jpeg. In some cases, after the capturing message I see messages that the RAW file or the JPG file are processed and then I get a view of the file. I have not found out, when the picture is taken and when it is not taken. It seems, that it is always take, when I leave the LiveMode before pressing the Capture-Button but this should not be the solution for my problem.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Jürgen
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Some problems with TPlink and IOS

Post by hubaiz »

Does this happen with D300s or D90?
Do you capture from live view?
Is the qDD capture button red (meaning that images will be downloaded after capture)? Long press to change.
Does it show the image after capture?
You should use RAW+JPG for image format so that qDD downloads the JPG image (if only RAW is selected the RAW image will be downloaded)
Did you checked the manual available here: http://dslrdashboard.info/downloads/
jmeyer

Post by jmeyer »

It happens with both cameras but more often with D300s. D300s has got a SD card as well as a CF card (Backup) and the camera writes to both cards.
The capture button is not red because I want the images to stay on the camera. I just want to see the image and the histogramm after the shot.
I have checked the manual already.

The problem is, that after I pressed the capture button, the camera ends the liveview, I see a "capturing" message but afterwards nothing shows up and liveview starts again. There are no images on the cards or on the mobile

Is it OK to choose RAW plus medium or small size for the jpg as I only need them for the display? I will recreate them later with Lightroom.

Is it possible to display the liveview on my phone and shoot with the camera button so that I can use my iphone like a flexible display just to control the field of view (macro, shoots from near the ground). When liveview is active, the host mode activates too. So the camera buttons are inactive.

Regards

Jürgen
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

It can't be same behavior as the D90 is a newer DSLR with slightly different PTP commands for capture.

Is the AF button red in qDD ?
jmeyer

Post by jmeyer »

The problem seems to be only with the 300s

The AF Button is not red. When I press it, the Camera focuses.

I did some additional tests. It seems that the camera only takes a picture, when I close the LV Mode. Then the picture is taken, transferred and shown afterwards.
When I take the picture while in LV Mode, LV Mode closes, the capturing message appears and then LV Mode opens directly again but no picture is taken.

The D90 seems to work. I think that I confused something with the two bodies.
In both Bodies AF only works in combination with the AF Button on the Backsite.

Jürgen
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Do you maybe have a desktop PC (Windows, OSX) where you could run a debug build?
I checked the source and the D300s documentation, and can't see why is this failing.
The D5000 that I have here uses the same sequence of commands (turn off LV, capture, turn on LV) and it works.
jmeyer

Post by jmeyer »

I just tested it with your Windows Version qDslrDashboard_V0.2.7_WindowsXP_x86 (usb-cable pluged in) and the effect is the same. It takes photos when LV is disabled and no Photos when LV is enabled.

What shall I do so that you can debug it?

Jürgen
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Will see to build you a debug one over weekend, unfortunately the WinXP is built on another PC that is currently not available to me.
jmeyer

Post by jmeyer »

We can also use the qDslrDashboard_V0.2.7_Windows_x86 Version. It behaves identical.

Only the x64 Version does not work on my Windows 7 64-Bit. I always get and "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b) error.

Jürgen
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

For the Windows_x86 here is a debug build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMZ8X ... sp=sharing
Just unpack the archive (3 files in archive) into your qDslrDashboard and start with qDslrDashboard_debug.exe

At each start it will generate a qdd_<date_time>.log file in your Documents folder.
Please do one capture from live view with the D300s and send me the log file (best you send it to support email)