Panel size in windws 10 fullscreen mode

qDslrDashbord error reports
Soundbytes

Panel size in windws 10 fullscreen mode

Post by Soundbytes »

I found that sometimes the panel is too small in fullscreen mode on a windows 10 tablet.
the left out area is then filled with a gray color.
I was able to identify two situations that made the issue appear:
  • sometimes the screen area that is covered by the windows 10 taskbar is not included in the DslrDashboard panel.
  • When the DslrDashboard is started with portrait tablet orientation the panel height is sometimes the same as in landscape mode.
    Steps to reproduce: start DslrDashboard in landscape orientation and close the program. Turn tablet into landscape mode and start the dashboard again.
Fortunately this is just aminor annoyance. Turning the tablet into the other orientation and back fixes it.
This could however be a problem when the tablet is mounted to a tripod or camera rig.
thanks for listening

Andreas
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Panel size in windws 10 fullscreen mode

Post by hubaiz »

Will try to find a solution but don't have a Windows 10 tablet.
Maybe a recommendation for a Windows 10 tablet (a cheaper one)
Soundbytes

Re: Panel size in windws 10 fullscreen mode

Post by Soundbytes »

When shopping for a windows tablet make sure it has a dedicated power plug (or two usb ports)
The cheap win 10 tablets often have only one usb port that is also used to power the device.
The power supply then only works in usb slave mode.
These tablets have to run on internal battery while the usb port is used as OTG host with a camera connected.
A power bank then can't be used to charge the tablet while in use.

Here is a very affordable tablet that I am using. It comes with dedicated usb host and slave ports and also has a separate DC in.
http://www.tesco.com/direct/windows-con ... 0-1078.prd
(Windows Connect 10-Inch Tablet, Intel Atom, 1GB RAM, 32 GB)

Andreas