Sony A6000 - QDD does no changes in holy grail mode

qDslrDashbord error reports
jan_hikelust

Sony A6000 - QDD does no changes in holy grail mode

Post by jan_hikelust »

Hi,
unfortunately the search on my topic turned out resultless. I have been using QDD for quite a time with my nikon DSLR - with no problems at all. I bought a sony A6000 recently to check out the mirrorless alternative.

The QDD does not change any values at all. Even though I did everything I found on troubleshooting (new Sony remote app, newest DQQ version, etc.).
My A6000 is in manual mode and I can control every value through the QDD app. But when it comes to a holy grail session, nothing changes. shutter speed, aperture and iso remain the same. I have tried so often that I am nearly out of my mind.

Does anyone have a clue for me? sony experiences with QDD are quite rare obviously.

thank you so much

jan
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Sony A6000 - QDD does no changes in holy grail mode

Post by hubaiz »

Install the latest 'Smart remote control' Playmemories application ( https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/ ... _00-F00002 )

Before entering the LrTimelapse screen wait till the camera values read in (shutter, aperture, iso)
Be sure that there is enough time for qDD to download the image, analyze it, execute any changes. If you set a to short interval qDD can't keep up. Try with a safe 4-5 sec higher interval and see how low you can go.
jan_hikelust

Re: Sony A6000 - QDD does no changes in holy grail mode

Post by jan_hikelust »

Thank you for your answer.
I installed the latest version of Playmemories and I have my interval set to 7 sec...

So far I could get the "sunset" mode working (by waiting until the cam values are read in, as you suggested).

But the sunrise mode does not change the f-stop and shutter speed. The ISO is lowered to 100 (and then "auto", unfortunately) but the aperture and shutter remain on the initially set value.