Found Canon EOS 5D Mark IV wireless camera, connecting...

qDslrDashbord error reports
zyzhang6

Found Canon EOS 5D Mark IV wireless camera, connecting...

Post by zyzhang6 »

I am at version 3.5.3.

When I tried to connect with my 5D Mark IV camera, I got the message "Found Canon EOS 5D Mark IV wireless camera, connecting". But cannot establish success connection.

My 5D Mark IV firmware is 1.0.4. I am not sure whether the latest camera firmware causes the problem.

I am using the native wifi at camera and I tried wifi mode "Mobile" and "EOS Utility", the saem situation.

Thanks.
Nestea

Re: Found Canon EOS 5D Mark IV wireless camera, connecting...

Post by Nestea »

Is the WIFI connection still active when you start searching for the camera in the app? Some phones tent to switch back to e.g. the home WIFI because the camera hotspot offers no internet connection.
It works fine for me but my phone has an option to stay on WIFI without internet access like the one from the camera. Maybe you could try and turn off your home WIFI till you are connected. You could also try uninstalling the Canon App.

The only issue I have so far is the very inconsistent interval timer. With the interval set to 2 seconds I get intervals between 1 and 4 seconds. Is 2 seconds to fast? The tablet was around 2m away from the camera.
GonzoG

Re: Found Canon EOS 5D Mark IV wireless camera, connecting...

Post by GonzoG »

zyzhang6 wrote: 13 May 2017, 01:03 I am at version 3.5.3.

When I tried to connect with my 5D Mark IV camera, I got the message "Found Canon EOS 5D Mark IV wireless camera, connecting". But cannot establish success connection.

My 5D Mark IV firmware is 1.0.4. I am not sure whether the latest camera firmware causes the problem.

I am using the native wifi at camera and I tried wifi mode "Mobile" and "EOS Utility", the saem situation.

Thanks.
If same situation is with EOS utility than it's some thing wrong with your connection to camera or camera.

As Nestea suggested - check if your phone does not switch to other WiFi or cellular network when there is no internet.
Also check if any other application is not trying to connect with camera. Only one application can be connected to camera.
Nestea wrote: 13 May 2017, 18:06 The only issue I have so far is the very inconsistent interval timer. With the interval set to 2 seconds I get intervals between 1 and 4 seconds. Is 2 seconds to fast? The tablet was around 2m away from the camera.
When it comes to interval setting I found it's better to set the time to 3-4 second longer than shutter time (when not downloading photos to device).
qDD can take another photo only when previous one has been written to memory card and/or downloaded to device.

If interval time is to short qDD will skip with shutter release until next interval.