Cannot connect to Canon 5D Mk IV

qDslrDashbord error reports
Jetstream Rider

Cannot connect to Canon 5D Mk IV

Post by Jetstream Rider »

I have qDSLR dashboard 3.5.3 and am trying to connect to my Samung Galaxy S7 via the wireless feature on my Canon 5D MkIV. I have done it successfully before - all worked fine. Now I have come to use it for real, I cannot get it to work.

After pressing the wireless connection button, it says "Searching for Canon/Sony wirelss camera" then "Found Canon Canon EOS 5D Mark IV wireless camera, connecting ...." then a second or two later says "Finished searching for Canon/Sony wireless camera".

I have the camera set to M (although I did try in other modes too) and RAW+S JPG. This happens with live view enabled or not - I have tried a number of things and just cannot get it to connect. The camera is connected to the phone with the Canon Camera Connect app - that works fine - the wirelss network from the camera and the phone are connected ok.

I have tried re-starting both the camera and qDSLR dashboard. Am out of ideas now - any thoughts on how I can get it to work? Thank you.
Jetstream Rider

Re: Cannot connect to Canon 5D Mk IV

Post by Jetstream Rider »

I thought I had the latest firmware - but have just checked and there was an update. I updated to 1.0.4 and I can now connect.