D810 - Samsung Note 4 crash

qDslrDashbord error reports
zepgori

D810 - Samsung Note 4 crash

Post by zepgori »

Hi all,

I'm reporting my experience:

Nikon D810 (last firmware) connected with Samsung Note 4 (Kitkat std android) doesn't work.
I'd test camera with another Samsung Tab2 7.0 (android last CyanogenMod 11) and still crash immediately after connection. Camera works without problems with Macbook connected by USB cable.

The router is TP-Link 3040 V1 updated with OpenWRT V1 firmware.

I don't understand what's happen because same Note4, same tablet, same router work well with an old Nikon D800E.
In the Note 4 I'd update (without any positive result) the Qdslr app with this version:

qDslrDashboard_V0.2.7.15_Android_arm.apk

Maybe Do I must update router with sysupgrade firmware? I've no way to work with new camera. I can use only old one.
Someone can support me with some trick?
Thank you so much to everybody.
Zep
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: D810 - Samsung Note 4 crash

Post by hubaiz »

zepgori

Post by zepgori »

Okay, thank you so much sir Hubaiz. Very appreciate your quick answer. Thank you for the attention.

Now I test immediately. But what's difference between the factory firmware or Sys firmwares?

Another question please: with Nikon D810 and Canon pro bodies which tablet is more stable?
I have two options: Ipad Air or Samsung Tab S 10.5. Soon, probably in July I must test new Canon bodies 5Ds and DsR in some events, so I need to know better the options about this allround and cheaper app, but I would not more issues.
zepgori

Post by zepgori »

dear Hubaiz,

I'm still testing my Nikon D810 with TP-Link 3040 (both version V.1 and new one V.2), and two Samsung android devices.

With Note4 and your last test version works fine, and both TP-Link are fast.

With tablet Tab2 the app crash immediately after the connection with camera. With old Nikon D800E is better, sometime works, sometime crash. Feels like random problem.
With my Apple Macbook OSX MountainLion no problem to report. Stable and fast.

Can I do something to improve the connection with old Tab2?
Can you suggest another tablet (android Lollilop maybe or iPad) with better connection?
Thank you
Z
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Here is the latest Android test version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMZ8X ... sp=sharing