Can't connect Pixel2 via USB

qDslrDashbord error reports
waynejb

Can't connect Pixel2 via USB

Post by waynejb »

I'm able to connect my Canon 5dMkII to my Samsung tablet using an OTG cable, but using the same cable (with USB-C adapter) into a Pixel2 doesn't work. QDSLR doesn't see the camera. I've enabled the 'Use Android native USB access' to no avail. Any help is appreciated!

TIA,

Wayne
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect Pixel2 via USB

Post by hubaiz »

You need an USB-C OTG adapter, I think with just a an USB-C adapter it will not work.
waynejb

Post by waynejb »

I am using an OTG cable. The OTG cable has a mini-usb connector, and the phone requires a USB-C connector, so I have a mini-usb-C adapter between the OTG cable and the phone. Same setup as on the tablet, except on the tablet I don't need the mini-usb-c adapter, as it has a mini connector. Thanks.
waynejb

Post by waynejb »

I may have misunderstood you. Are you saying that the OTG connector itself must be a USB-C device and that a mini to usb-c adapter is not allowed?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

waynejb wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 23:08 I may have misunderstood you. Are you saying that the OTG connector itself must be a USB-C device and that a mini to usb-c adapter is not allowed?
Yes, I think this is a case.
I have also a phone with USB-C connector and I purchase a USB-C OTG adapter for it.
waynejb

Post by waynejb »

I'll give that a try then. Amazon, here I come!

Thanks,

Wayne
waynejb

Post by waynejb »

Working like a champ now! Thanks!