Holy Grail Fails to download JPEG

qDslrDashbord error reports
simonplantphoto

Re: Holy Grail Fails to download JPEG

Post by simonplantphoto » 10 Jun 2019, 15:10

Thanks for your help Hubaiz I will go and test things further now I'm more aware of those things.
Many Regards Simon

simonplantphoto

Post by simonplantphoto » 14 Jul 2019, 21:19

Hi Again Hubaiz,
Following on from my previous post I finally managed to find time to go out and shoot a day to night Time-Lapse again.
This time I took your advise and kept the app open.
I turned Holy Grail on with a 3 sec interval, downloading smallest jpeg and a rating exposure of around 1/15th sec.

I was expecting a jpeg to load every 2nd exposure but this did not happen at least while the LR Time-lapse screen was open but they did load when I came off that screen.

When luminance dropped below the reference I was expecting the exposure to change and it did once but after that once again I had to pause the Intervolometer and when I resumed it then did then change.

I gave up and came out of the Holy Grail feature and just made manual adjustments and again I had to pause the Intervolometer change my exposure on the app and when I resumed it then did then change but wouldn't change while running (which I presume is probably correct).
Please advise the Holy Grail is not working for me and was main reason for purchasing the app.
Many Regards Simon

hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz » 15 Jul 2019, 07:14

I would first go with a higher interval for testing , 4 or 5 seconds.
You don't need to go out, just start the interval timer with the camera and qDD.
I would check that the interval timer it isn't putting the camera in focus mode, while the camera is in focus mode qDD can't access the camera.

simonplantphoto

Post by simonplantphoto » 15 Jul 2019, 07:33

Hi ok I’ll test that today.
Is there any advise how to check if the intervolometer is trying to get camera to focus?
Maybe I could use the canon built in intervolometer and see if that causes the issue.
Regards Simon