Qdslr Dashboard crashes on Android 9!

qDslrDashbord error reports
JSt

Qdslr Dashboard crashes on Android 9!

Post by JSt »

Hello, :D

Dahsboard crashes on my phone with usb connection.
Former i used an old android device with usb otg cable because wlan isnt really working stable so, (thread exists but no answer).
I tried again and again with old phone(dashboard versions 3.5.5 and up) but , bought new usb type C otg cable for my other android phone (Android Version 9) !

-> start camera
-> plugin Usb
-> start dashboard
-> connect camera
-> camera connects
-> (sometimes) take photo
-> connection loss

Every time.

Native Android USB access is activatet. Cache is empty.
Qdslr Dashboard Version 3.5.9

This realy big bugs make qdslr dashboard quiet unusable because it doesnt work stable on wlan, my old phone with micro usb otg, and on my new phone with type c usb otg its catastrophic.

Working with a canon 750d.
It also overruns my external intervallometer (thread exists..) but this is not necessary when the app is not working stable. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Is anyone able to fix this bug? What can i do?

Sincerley :)
paolo.morgano

Re: Qdslr Dashboard crashes on Android 9!

Post by paolo.morgano »

Same here, Nikon D700, Nikon USB cable, trusted OTG cable, Nokia 8 with Android 9.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

In qDslrDashboard settings disable the 'Use Android native USB access' option before you connect the camera.
skysurfer

Post by skysurfer »

Maybe a Nikon issue.

With my Canon 6D I have no issues when I connect the camera with USB to my Android 9 phone (Xiaomi Miui 10).
paolo.morgano

Post by paolo.morgano »

hubaiz wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 06:37 In qDslrDashboard settings disable the 'Use Android native USB access' option before you connect the camera.
In my case, disabling it causes the app to crash as soon as it connects to the camera.
surd9

Post by surd9 »

I have the same issue with the app crashing on a LG G6 with Android 9 when connecting via a USB cable on a Nikon D810 and D850.
If qDslrDashboard settings are disabled for 'Use Android native USB access', app still crashes.

I have another Android phone Alcatel TCL LX (A502DL) on Android 8 (Oreo) and the app works fine with the above cameras when connected via a USB cable.

v3.5.9 installed on both phones
surd9

Post by surd9 »

Any updates on resolving this issue?
WannaHG

Post by WannaHG »

I have connected my Nikon D810 to my Android Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Android 10.0 Build # QP1A. 190711.20.N960USQS3DTB2

The issue is the QDSLR opens and recognizes the camera, I can adjust and change the Aperture, Shutter, ISO, AF, etc. but if I take a photo it shows capturing image the it reverts to the opening screen with the USB, Network WiFi icons. If I tap LiveView it get an image then it closes and goes to the Opening screen. If I tap the USB icon or don’t do anything it crashes and closes. In order for the phone to recognize the camera again I have to unplug and replug the USB. then it opens and works until I take a photo or go to LiveView.

Received advise from Hubaiz vie email to disable the "Use Android native USB access". Now it crashes immediately upon connecting the camera.

Uninstalled and reinstalled QDSLR. Still same issue. QDSLR useless until this is resolved. I really am anxious to use it!
edyck

Post by edyck »

Canon 6D, firmware updated
Android 9
qDD 3.5.9
qDD crashes every time with connection with USB
"Use Android native USB access" turned off.
WiFi connection works OK, but prefered the stability of hardwire connection.
Gunther mentioned this issue on the LRT forum back in January 2020 and suggested that 3.6.0 was coming soon.
Any progress on fixing this issue?
Thanks, Eric
bspeaks

Post by bspeaks »

Here is a cheat sheet I made to keep track of the QDslrDashboard 'Use Native USB Setting' parameter values for my cameras and app devices. In my experience the connections are stable. I have also included Amazon links to the USB OTG cables.

Canon 5D Mk III (Firmware 1.3.6)
Moto G7 (Android 9) ON
Moto e4 (Android 7.1.1) OFF
Nexus 7 (Android 6.0.1) OFF

Canon 6D (Firmware 1.1.9)
Moto G7 (Android 9) OFF
Moto e4 (Android 7.1.1) ON
Nexus 7 (Android 6.0.1) OFF

Note the Moto G7 has a USB 3 connector. The Moto e4 and Nexus 7 devices have micro USB connections.

Moto G7 USB 3 OTG cable - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WW ... UTF8&psc=1

Moto e4 & Nexus 7 micro USB OTG cables are:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D8 ... UTF8&psc=1
or
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CX ... UTF8&psc=1

For what it's worth, the USB cables between the OTG cable and the camera are those Canon provided with the cameras. They have Ferrite chokes to minimize electrical interference.

Bill
Last edited by bspeaks on 28 Apr 2020, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.