Canon EOS RP with an external intervalometer not triggering

qDslrDashbord error reports
qualitypicsfromteeno

Canon EOS RP with an external intervalometer not triggering

Post by qualitypicsfromteeno »

Hey guys, I have the Canon EOS RP and I'm trying to run qDslrDashboard's Auto Holy Grail feature but using an external intervalometer to trigger the camera, but it will not let me use the camera in any way at all when connected to qDDB via USB OTG

In other words, the trigger button or even an external intervalometer does not trigger the camera at all.

I've tried going to the settings in the LRTimelapse function to try turning off/on live view but the button is completely unresponsive...

Can anyone help me solve this problem? Cheers, Luke.
ErikaBr

Re: Canon EOS RP with an external intervalometer not triggering

Post by ErikaBr »

Hi,

I have a very similar (same?) problem with my Canon M6 Mark II:

I connect the LRT Pro Timer to the camara, it triggers.
As soon as I start the qDDB, the LRT Pro Timer stops triggering.

I connect my Android-phone via Camera-WLAN, start the qDDB, with qDDB I can trigger the camera, but the LRTPro Timer can't trigger anymore. With the Canon Camera Connect-app I don't have that problem. As soon as I close the qDDB, the LRTPro Timer starts triggering again.

The same problem happens with the Andoid phone connected via WLAN and router, and the same with qDDB running on my laptop.

It seems to be the dDDB "grabbing" control of the camera and that blocks the triggering from the LRT Pro Timer.

Please help!
Thankyou, Erika
ErikaBr

Post by ErikaBr »

Hi again,

I just tested the same setup with my EOS 60D and M50, and found out, that the Problem is the "Live View" Setting.

When I start qDDB with the 60D connected, the LV-Button is gray, and I can enable and disable it. And with LV disabled the shutter and the timer are working.
When I start qDDB with the M6 connected, the LV-Button is red and I find no way to disable it, it is fixed in red and always enabled. And dQQB is in Live View mode. Shutter and timer don't work.
With the M50 connected, the LV-Button is and stays red, same problem.

Maybe it has something to do with mirrorless Canons? Are they always in "Liveview"-Mode?

Thanks for help. Erika
frankr

Post by frankr »

I am having the exact same problem with my Canon EOS RP and Pro 2.5 Timer. I have tried using qDslrDashboard on both Android and IOS devices without success. It is obvious that the software on qDDb does not work with the new mirror-less cameras. How do to we start a fix for this problem?
ErikaBr

Post by ErikaBr »

Is there anybody out there who managed to find a working connection setup with Canon mirrorless cameras and qDDB without blocking the shutter?
Is there a way to disable Liveview in qDDB or in the camera? The Liveview-Button is not responding and blocked "ON".

Thanks for help!
Erika
ErikaBr

Post by ErikaBr »

I just installed the new dslrdashboard-version V3.6.0 on my Android Samsung A5(2017), Android V8.0.0.

The problem with the shutter is the same as before. As soon as I connect the camera in the dslrdashboard, the external intervalometer stops triggering and the shutter is blocked.
I tried with the Canon M50 and the Canon M6 Mark II, I tried with OTG-Connection, camera WLAN, WLAN via router, with and without "use Canon local storage", with and without "Android native USB Access", and all combinations of that.

At least the "Error 70" problem on the M50 is solved in that new Version.

Erika