No function on Record button

qDslrDashbord error reports
mmustaja

No function on Record button

Post by mmustaja »

Zoltan,

thank you for the great piece of software! There is huge potential in it.

My environment:

- Nikon D7200, brand new
- USB cable (also tried the built-in WiFi, but learned that it does not allow video due to camera restrictions but takes stills nicely)
- Nexus 7, Android version 5.1

All I have tried up till now has worked with USB except video recording. I can shoot stills with or without Lv screen, I can refocus,
I can see in Lv screen the voice levels, I can view stills, change parameters etc.

But I can't trigger the video recording on. There is the button with a Video Camera icon, it is looking the same as others
but if I press there is no action. There is also another button "LV REC" and if I press that one it turns red but no video appears
on the memory card either then. If I have the LV video switch locked on the camera body then the Video Camera button is with borders.
If I have LV Camera mode locked on the camera body there are no borders on the Video Camera button. If I remove the USB cable
from the camera body and then press Lv and camera video button voila, it records. So the Dslrdashboard seems to know
when it can record, camera seems to be ready for record, but no recording takes place.

- Martti
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: No function on Record button

Post by hubaiz »

You need to enable live view movie mode in 'Camera properties display' under the 'Live view' category (first button)
mmustaja

Post by mmustaja »

This button setting seems to do the same as the d7200 body switch. It changes the appearance of the movie camera icon record button on the left, with outline if in video lv mode. But no recording starts when record button is pressed on video lv mode.

-martti
dslr

Post by dslr »

i've the same set up...

what's the function of the 'LV REC'...pressing it will toggle it on (red highlight) and off...
(it is not in the manual v1.1 doc)

even after enabling live view movie mode in the camera properties display, recording still didn't work...
i tried by clicking on the movie recording button with LV REC off and on...no difference...

i tried with both wifi and usb connection...
actually, when i clicked on the movie recording button with LV REC off and on, somehow that turned off the wifi on the d7200 so qDD just locked up...tried that twice...same behavior both times...
with the usb connection, nothing happened but at least the connection was still there...

thanks
dslr

Post by dslr »

on d7200, recording mode turns off wifi is normal...sorry, ignore that scenario
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

LV Rec is for recording the live view stream that you see in qDslrDashboard.
dslr

Post by dslr »

yeah just remembered what LV REC was for from other posts and was just gonna add another comment but you got to it :-) ...thanks
mmustaja

Post by mmustaja »

I installed dslrdashboard on Windows 7 laptop as well. The funktion with d7200 looks identical. No recording.
k.d

Post by k.d »

Same problem here.
Nikon d7200, connected via cable. On Xperia Z1(Android 5.1) and Xperia T3 (Android 4.4.4).
Live view works, but the recording button won't start recording. Both in aparature priority and manual mode.

EDIT:
Forogt to write, tested both on v.0.2.9 and beta v.0.3
jwburley

Post by jwburley »

same here. it still does not work. it does not work in helicon remote either, but that developer is helping me directly.