Save photos only on camera

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
elmoandzoey

Save photos only on camera

Post by elmoandzoey »

I was looking for a remote to allow me easy HDR shooting as my camera only allows 3 images in AEB. I found DSLRDashboard and am absolutely thrilled to have found exactly what I am looking for!

I have a tiny bit of a problem that I haven't been able to figure out and couldn't find the info in the manual or here on the forum. I shoot raw only. I have set the software to store the photos on the camera CF card which works fine. But the software also stores a copy on the phone so they are double saved. I am using an old smartphone that has limited storage capacity so it clogs up pretty fast. How can you set the app to just store the photos on the CF card and not copy them over to the phone as a backup?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Save photos only on camera

Post by hubaiz »

Check if image review is enabled in qDslrDashboard options.
If enabled qDD will download the captured image and display it.
In case you shoot in RAW only it will only have the RAW file and it will download and display it.
If you shoot in RAW+JPG then it will download the JPG file only and display it.
elmoandzoey

Post by elmoandzoey »

Image preview is not enabled. It doesn't preview the image on the phone after I have taken it yet it does store the images on the phone. I just found out it does that when my phone told me its storage was full. I didn't preview the images on the phone at all so it shouldn't have downloaded them to begin with, right?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Did you maybe long pressed the 'Capture' button? Is it red?
Long pressing the 'Capture' button will toggle between capture destination.
If the 'Capture' button is red the application will download the captured images.
elmoandzoey

Post by elmoandzoey »

Ooooh. My capture button indeed was red. I thought red meant it saves on the camera card. I guess I got that mixed up. So if it is unpressed, it should save to the camera card only and not both?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Yes, as noted in manual.
wass83

Post by wass83 »

Hey there, I'm having the same problem. Preview is not selected and shutter button is not red. Phone still saves the photos. What to do?