Canon 6D wireless or TP-3040?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
russellsnr

Canon 6D wireless or TP-3040?

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, Anyone use a Canon 6D with DSLRDashboard do you find the wireless option on the Canon or the TP-3040 the best option?
Thanks
Russ
djoubert

Re: Canon 6D wireless or TP-3040?

Post by djoubert »

HI,
I thought to connect my Canon 6D with the wireless, and I was looking for the Canon Battery impact ?
I decided to connect it with a tplink. actually I use a 3040 with the 6D connected and a Tpink 3020 defined as part of the 3040 wireless network with a Canon 1100D connected, with this configuration I am able to move my 2 Dslr and to control both from my Nexus 7 tablet.
This is my experience
Dominique
russellsnr

Post by russellsnr »

djoubert wrote:HI,
I thought to connect my Canon 6D with the wireless, and I was looking for the Canon Battery impact ?
I decided to connect it with a tplink. actually I use a 3040 with the 6D connected and a Tpink 3020 defined as part of the 3040 wireless network with a Canon 1100D connected, with this configuration I am able to move my 2 Dslr and to control both from my Nexus 7 tablet.
This is my experience
Dominique
Hi, Thank you for the reply. Looks like it is only you and me that use or want to use the TP-3040 with the 6D.
Russ
imagecatcher

Post by imagecatcher »

Hello 6Der's
I'm hoping to make my ipad air 2 into a field monitor for video filming. The question I would like to know is how do you get around the movie mode being disabled when wifi is enabled? Djoubert, could you get a solution before moving to the tp-link?
Thanks if you are listening to this thread still.
Troy
TokraCro

Post by TokraCro »

I am working on rooting my tablet and then I will try to connect it with 6D
for now I have other problem, because after I install dslrdashboard I don't see WTF option, and it says that in new version of software you have that option
when I go directly to the link, software is not responding and I got just black screen
I hope to avoid any routers ( so I don't need any additional power for it ) so I hope I will find a solution, but I am always interested in less hardware if its possible, because at the end, all that gear is heave :)