Supported cameras plus devices

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
h.selassie

Supported cameras plus devices

Post by h.selassie »

Hello!

Question 1: Does someone maintain a list of camera plus device (incl. OS version) combinations that should work "best" with qdslrdashboard? Is this an allowed question or is it complete nonsense or maybe to early?

I know, the intro on http://dslrdashboard.info/introduction/ says "qdslrdashboard is a free cross platform application for controlling Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras" and/but here on the forum I read that also Sony CSC may or should work. Additionally, there is the problem of so many different devices plus OSes...

I'm currently searching for a new camera in the "mid-price range" and I'm impressed about the feature-richness of qdslrdashboard, so one of my decision parameters is also a "working wifi remote" on android with good support and potential.

I'm currently interested in Nikon D5500, D3300 with WIFI-adapter, SONY Alpha ILCE-6000, Sony Alpha ILCE-7, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000EG and Pentax K-3 with Flucard. My devices are Nexus 7 (Version 2012, 1st Gen, Android 5.1.1) and LG P880 OPTIMUS 4X HD (Android 4.3.1)

Question 2: I read ... initial support for Nikon D5500 (wireless connection and live view) - Has anyone experiences with D5500, nexus 7 and dslrdashboard (newest version)? Any problems?

Question 3: I read ... did some tweaks to the image viewer so RAW files should look better - Does the image gallery also support other RAW formats and downloads for e.g. RW2, ARW and/or DNG?

I know, three questions in one post... Thanks a lot!
Selassi

P.S.: Very nice piece of Software!
Allorb

Re: Supported cameras plus devices

Post by Allorb »

qDSLRDashboard has been working fine with my Nikon d7100. Recently got a Sony a6000 as a second camera and have been trying it with Ver 3.3. I am able to connect to the camera; enter Liveview and trigger the shutter. To date I have not been able to change any of the camera settings from the software. Not sure if this reflects current limitations of the software or if I'm missing something, either a camera setting or software setting.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Hello, very nice software. I am also interested in knowing which Panasonic Lumix cameras are supported. Thank you very much.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

daniel wrote:Hello, very nice software. I am also interested in knowing which Panasonic Lumix cameras are supported. Thank you very much.
They are not supported