Sony a7sII LRT issue

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
FliProductions.com

Sony a7sII LRT issue

Post by FliProductions.com »

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me, I've been trying to research/figure this out for the past 3 days with no luck.

I have a Sony a7sII, a Galaxy s5, and an iPad (I have tried both with the same results on each system).

I can connect, live view, take test image, set my min and max iso/shutter.

Once I select holygrail and sunrise/sunset option and start my intervalometer, everything seems to work fine. However ISO and shutter settings stay constant and never change as things get darker or lighter.

Ryan.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Sony a7sII LRT issue

Post by hubaiz »

Did you update the 'Smart remote control' to the latest version from Playmemories (https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/ ... _00-F00002) ?
Can you change the shutter/ISO manually?
FliProductions.com

Yes, I have the most current 'Smart remote control'.

I can change the shutter and ISO manually before I start the intervalometer...once it starts I cannot. I'm able to raise or lower the reference point #

A side not on manually changing the shutter and ISO, I have to select the # so the option box opens up and choose from there, I cannot simply hit the + or - signs.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Did you enable the LRTimelapse mode with the 'Auto holy grail' button?
What was the interval? What is the slowest shutter speed? Does the image update after you start the timer? Do you use an external timer or qDslrDashboard timer?
FliProductions.com

After more attempts I have made some progress but still not 100%.

I had the camera picture profile set to slog2 I think turning this off helped.

Previously, I was using a USB intervalometer, I have since dropped that and have been attempting with DSLRDashboard timer (much better).

Yes, each attempt I enable LRTimelapse 'Auto Holy Grail' button.

I have ran tests with various intervals (5-15 secs), slowest shutter speed has always been set to 10''

Yes, Image updates.

However, now, only the shutter speeds changes, I have not been able to get the ISO to change (min and max are set at 50-10000). I have tried sunset and sunrise, taking lens cap on and off to force light change, but only shutter speed changes.

Thank you for your assistance helping me through this learning curve, it's greatly appreciated.

Ryan.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Does the LRTimelapse module reaches the slowest shutter speed? Only then will qDD change the ISO (in sunset mode)
In sunrise mode it will first decrease the ISO and then begin to increase the shutter speed.
Photosbykev

Post by Photosbykev »

I'm seeing the same issue with a Sony A7S using an external intervalometer i.e a NMX motion controller. Using the qDD built-in intervalometer the holy grail seems to function correctly if I use the external intervalometer qDD doesn't make any changes in a holy grail sequence and the set reference +/- buttons have no effect other than change the ref level value.

regards
Kev
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

I only have the a6300 and can test with it but not sure what cable should I use it to connect with the NMX or an external interval timer. I guess the a6300 USB is used for external interval timer?
Photosbykev

Post by Photosbykev »

Hi hubaiz,

The NMX acts just like a normal hand held remote and triggers the Sony A7S via the multi-terminal usb connector on the camera body. This would be the same for the A7R etc.

Something that might give a clue to the problem is that qDD only seems to visually update the image on the iPad after 3 exposures (assuming you have set qDD to average 3 frames). When I use the qDD internal intervalometer the image updates on every capture
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

I know about NMX, what I don't know it how to wire the NMX to the a6300. What cable do I need and eventually where to buy it in Europe?