How to delete RAW files from iPhone?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
patron3dq

How to delete RAW files from iPhone?

Post by patron3dq »

Hi

I am trying to delete RAW photos because the QDSLRdashboard v3.5.1 app is taking 1.2 gb of storage on my iphone 6s on ios 9.3.2. Is there a way to delete folders or select all images at once in the image gallery? I can't seem to find a way to delete them without selecting each photo individually.

Is there also a way to have QDSLR display JPEGS in RAW+JPEG mode without automatically downloading them to the iphone? I prefer the fast previews in this method but the app keeps downloading the JPEGS. I want to have the previews but individually select which RAW files to transfer to phone.

thanks.
hiba

Re: How to delete RAW files from iPhone?

Post by hiba »

Hey

I've got exactly the same problem. My App takes also 1.2 Gb on my iPhone 6, are there any solutions out there?
Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Device must be jailbroken to do it easily.
var>mobile>Applications>3BE83... or whatever QDSLRdashboard app ID is on your device
Then go to Library > Application Support
The massive file is in there.
Delete the file called DslrDashboard
I forgot to bring a card reader so I used the application to backup my raws to a harddrive and cloud.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

In qDslrDashboard you go to the image gallery and select the local folder and delete the images that are localy stored, you don't need a jailbroken iOS device for this.
You can download and display RAW files but download is slower and processing the RAW file takes 20 or more seconds.