taking a fast series of shots e.g. of birds

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
beckman

taking a fast series of shots e.g. of birds

Post by beckman »

qDslr is working fine on my Nikon D7200 using the built-in WLAN. However, since I am into bird photography I am used to keeping the finger on the shutter release button to take series of pics. With qDslr I have not found a way to do this yet. I can only take single shots and then have to wait until the download has finished. This is very unproductive for me because by the time I can tale the next shot the bird is gone.

How can I disable the download after each shot?

I would be grateful for any suggestions how to "keep the finger on the shutter release button".

Looking forward to your ideas

Christoph
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: taking a fast series of shots e.g. of birds

Post by hubaiz »

Disable the 'Image review' in qDslrDashboard settings.

On Nikon you can switch to continuous capture mode and then you need to define the number of images the camera should take.
beckman

Post by beckman »

thanks. I can now set the nuber of images the camera takes on pressing the shutter release button but although I disabled the image review the pictures are still downloaded to any device I am using (notebook, tablet or Android phone). What am I doing wrong?
beckman

Post by beckman »

thanks. That already helps a lot. I can now set the nuber of images the camera takes on pressing the shutter release button but although I disabled the image review the pictures are still downloaded to any device I am using (notebook, tablet or Android phone). What am I doing wrong?
beckman

Post by beckman »

thanks. working fine now.