Canon T1i (500D) can't get movie mode working

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
trivington

Canon T1i (500D) can't get movie mode working

Post by trivington »

I can get qDashboard running, in movie mode I can capture a picture but I cannot get video recording to work. What is the correct camera setup for qD to work properly. Is there a compatibility issue with Magic Lantern?
GonzoG

Re: Canon T1i (500D) can't get movie mode working

Post by GonzoG »

ML is a modification of cameras firmware and can make camera incompatible with qDD.
trivington

Post by trivington »

I removed the ML mod, still can't get it working in video mode.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

After you enter live view do you have the button for enabling movie live view movie mode?
Can you put the camera in movie live view mode on camera? Do you have then the REC button?
trivington

Post by trivington »

I have the camera in M, in the video mode I get nowhere. In M, I have the LV, camera, timer and LV/Camera buttons showing on the left of the qD screen. when I hit the video record button on the camera, the camera lcd comes live, the LV/video button replaces the LV/camera button and is red and the video button appears on the qD screen, in orange. nothing happens if i touch the orange button. nothing happens if i hit the physical video record button on the camera, except that I lose the red LV/video button and ornage video button on the qD..until i press it again.
Last edited by trivington on 18 Apr 2017, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
trivington

Post by trivington »

I have the camera in M, in the video mode I get nowhere. In M, I have the LV, camera, timer and LV/Camera buttons showing on the left of the qD screen. when I hit the video record button on the camera, the camera lcd comes live, the LV/video button replaces the LV/camera button and is red and the video button appears on the qD screen, in orange. nothing happens if i touch the orange button. nothing happens if i hit the physical video record button on the camera, except that I lose the red LV/video button and ornage video button on the qD..until i press it again.
trivington

Post by trivington »

I can only get the qD to enter video mode if I select one of the higher level settings, choosing movie mode does nothing. I get all the buttons for video on qD but none of them activate video, nothing happens. but I can take stills.