Help with reviewing pictures

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
dslr

Re: Help with reviewing pictures

Post by dslr »

from the screenshots, all your images are nef...
have you tried with jpg...maybe something strange happened during the 'processing' of nef files

(don't have d7200 handy at the moment to try )
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

No I haven't tried jpg but will do once I get my camera battery charged
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

dslr wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 12:12 from the screenshots, all your images are nef...
have you tried with jpg...maybe something strange happened during the 'processing' of nef files

(don't have d7200 handy at the moment to try )
Just tried taking raw+jpg and the raw comes out dark as my other examples but the jpg comes out as it should.
dslr

Post by dslr »

both of mine look ok...nef looks just a touch darker...more saturated...less than 1/3 stop...
(thus, histograms aren't exactly the same...shadow and highlight edges are about the same though)
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

LV shows pictures after applying Picture Control settings. Those settings are stored in pictures but cannot be read because they are encrypted and only Nikon knows how to access them. So qDD shows RAWs with own standard settings for developing pictures and RAWs will always look different in qDD on camera or LV preview.
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

I'm just gonna have to deal with this then. An inconvenience but I can live with it.

Now another issue I have found is regarding exposure difference between camera and app. I have noticed that before connecting app to camera I set a perfect exposure, reading -0+, then when I connect the app even though it shows same shutter speed, aparture, and ISO the exposure is off from what the camera shows, around +.33 or +.67. I then have to adjust accordingly on the app, but after doing so, going to the camera my exposure is off by -.33 or -.67.

I have posted this in the forum but haven't gotten any replies. Thought I would mention it here.
dslr

Post by dslr »

now available...

https://sdk.nikonimaging.com/apply/

NEF (RAW) files
We are offering Library Programs and File Format information for opening NEF files (RAW images) captured with a Nikon digital-SLR camera and Advanced Cameras with Interchangeable Lense from a software application.