tried it all, won't connect via wireless

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
rbtparr55

tried it all, won't connect via wireless

Post by rbtparr55 »

I have a Nikon D7100 with the Nikon wireless adapter. I can connect my windows laptop to the wireless adapter and operate the camera via dslrdashboard no problems. On my phone, no such luck. I can connect to the adapter, but the software doesn't find the connection. I do not have Nikon WMU, and I've stopped all apps that have permission to access the camera. I've also stopped the camera's data to no avail.

Suggestions?

Robert
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: tried it all, won't connect via wireless

Post by hubaiz »

Be sure that no other device is connected to the WU-1a wireless just your phone.
Be sure that Nikon WMU is not running on your phone as it will prevent qDslrDashboard from connecting.
Be sure that your phone will not automatically try to switch to an wireless AP that has internet.
rbtparr55

Post by rbtparr55 »

As stated, I do NOT have Nikon WMU installed on my phone. I've even disconnected my home wireless router with no luck. All other apps that could possibly have access have been stopped. Also, have killed phones cellular data transfer. Still no luck.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Is your DSLR wireless set to default 192.168.1.1 IP address?
If not then long press the 'Nikon wireless' button and in the dialog enter the valid IP address.
rbtparr55

Post by rbtparr55 »

yes to your question. But I'm unsure which port I should be using.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

The port is fixed at 15740.