Very casual Linux user got qDslr working

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
canonman

Very casual Linux user got qDslr working

Post by canonman »

ok guys I can officially say that I got qDslrDashboard working.

before I tell you how. I'll first give you a bit of advise. Don't do this while you are tired. OR, you might post something that'll make you feel stupid in the morning.. :) I can tell you from experience. :)

ok. now my story.

First issue I had was with Raspbian Stretch. Its missing several libraries files. the one most notable to me at the time was libGLESv2.so. After several hours trying to figure out where to get this file (install, download, etc. . .) I decided to call it quits with Stretch.

I then got the image file for Jessie found HERE and installed it to the RPI I'm using.
RPI 3 Model B (no wifi)

this got around some of the missing library files I could not find.

I then went ahead and got a update, upgrade, and distribution upgrade.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

rebooted the RPI after the upgrade and noticed that this took care of about 98 percent of the library files. Which was much better than were I managed to get earlier.

I then needed to do 2 over updates.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libpulse-mainloop-glib0
sudo apt-get install libjpeg8 libts-0.0-0

After these files were installed it took care of all my library files and requirements.

Next is the issue where Rasbpian it looking for the library files in the wrong directory. I could have spent some time creating links to each library file. but I opted to simply copy the libraries to /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf as this is the location that Rasbpian is looking for the libraries.

Next I had to set a memory configuration.

sudo raspi-config

set the memory split to 256 in 'Advanced options->Memory Split' (thanks Hubaiz for this)

Reboot your RPI

go to the directory you opted for your qDslrDashboard and type

./qDslrDashboard.sh eglfs

and assuming all is correct. your machine should link to your camera.

I setup a RPI with a 7 inch screen from ADA Fruit. it works well.
here is a photo of my setup..

CLICK HERE TO SEE IMAGE

I hope this post will help other very casual linux users.

remember to give thanks to Hubaiz as I see him educating many people through his posts..