Can't capture sample

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
jdinnz

Can't capture sample

Post by jdinnz »

Hello,
I'm having problems using dslrdashboard (DDB) with my Sony RX100 VA.
I'm using version version 3.5.9.
My goal is to try and get Auto Holy Grail to work, but at the moment it is greyed out.

What I have done:
1. Connected my phone to the wifi hotspot of the camera.
2. I've tested the connection by pressing the Sony icon, and it finds a sony imaging device ok.
3. I can correctly see the liveview from my camera on the main screen of the app.
4. I go into LR Timelapse option, and press the capture sample button, the camera fires and takes a picture, but the pictures does not show up in the view of the screen - all I see if black, even though "Display Next jpg" is in red.
4a. In in the main screen, if I press the camera icon, the camera fires, but does not show the image on the phone screen.
5. In the DDB settings, I have Capture settings set to "Image review after capture" set.
6. In the DDB settings, under the "Folder for Local Images" setting, I try to select my large SD Card as the storage location, but I'm unable to make a new directory, or select a directory once I've gone to the root directory. I've checked my app permissions and it does have permission to write to storage.

Is there anything else I'm supposed to be doing to get the capture sample to show up on the screen, or else get the Auto Holy Grail to work?
Thanks.