DSLRDashboard for Focus Stacking?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
russellsnr

DSLRDashboard for Focus Stacking?

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, Can anyone direct me to a tutorial on how to use DSLRDashboard for Focus Stacking?
Looked on youtube but found nothing.
Thank you
Russ
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: DSLRDashboard for Focus Stacking?

Post by hubaiz »

Please check the manual I wrote there about focus stacking: http://dslrdashboard.info/downloads/
mfk11

Post by mfk11 »

Both in the app and the manual I can only find custom BKT and sky stacking, but not focus stacking - ???
Thanks for help
kind regards
Manfred
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Page 16 and 33
You must enable live view.
cgmds73

Post by cgmds73 »

I'm confused too ... this pages explain exposure bracketing and sky stacking ...
I know the app will show different screen based on dslr brand and model, but still i'm not be able to full understand how to configure focus stacking ...

What is "closest -> no limit" and "no limit -> closest" ? does it means the focus direction?
What about steps? I was trying different values: 5, 10, 30, 500, 20000 and 30000, but almost no difference between images ... which should be some normal values or so ?

Thanks
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Do you have the V1.1 manual ?
In V1.1 manual the page 33 is about focus stacking.
cgmds73 wrote:What is "closest -> no limit" and "no limit -> closest" ? does it means the focus direction?
Yes, it is the direction.
cgmds73 wrote:What about steps? I was trying different values: 5, 10, 30, 500, 20000 and 30000, but almost no difference between images ... which should be some normal values or so ?
Step is the amount the lens focus ring will be moved
What DSLR do you use?
cgmds73

Post by cgmds73 »

Thank you hubaiz.
I'm using a Canon T5i with 100mm f2.8L macro lens.
I can see now on these pages how works focus staking, maybe i'ts a litlle different interface (screen captures) but it sure helps to understand how it works.
Canon DSLRs only support movements: small, medium and large. May be that's the reason i couldn't see movements yesterday?

Thank you for your time, support and patience !!