DDSERVER OpenWrt package for HooToo HT-TM04

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
octav59

DDSERVER OpenWrt package for HooToo HT-TM04

Post by octav59 »

Hello and thanks for your great work!
Recently I've got a HooToo HT-TM04, great for travel (6000 mAh battery, 8 MB Flash, 32 MB RAM).
After installing and updating OpenWRT, I added all the functions needed: luci, samba, 3G modem etc.
I'm now on openwrt-ramips-rt305x-ht-tm02-squashfs-factory-r42649, it's in the trunk, http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/hootoo/tripmate-nano
Because I'm noob in linux, I've used a lot of tutorials and info for that. All is working fine.
But now I'm stuck. I want to add ddserver to my router.
Using offline install method with DDServer OpenWrt ar71xx V0.2-13 package, ipk file, I receive an error message about wrong platform.
AFAIK the file I tried to install is for ar71xx platform, and my router is openwrt-ramips-rt305x platform.
I understand following my poor knowledge that I need another ipk file, specific to my hardware.

My router HT-TM04 have a similar hardware to Hame MPR-A2:
SoC: RT5350f (360MHz)
Flash: 8 MB
RAM: 32 MB
Also the HooToo TM01 and TM02 seem to have the same hardware. It would be a nice addition to the range of routers supported by ddserver.

Could you guide me further to install ddserver on my router ?
Thanks in advance for your time!
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: DDSERVER OpenWrt package for HooToo HT-TM04

Post by hubaiz »

Is it an OpenWrt barrier bracker instalation?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

If yes here is the ddserver package for rt305x platform: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMZ8X ... sp=sharing
octav59

Post by octav59 »

Thanks for your fast response!
Yes, it's OpenWrt barrier breaker.
I will try and report back ASAP.
Have a quiet evening.
octav59

Post by octav59 »

Worked like a charm!

Code: Select all

root@OpenWrt:~# cd /tmp
root@OpenWrt:/tmp# opkg install ddserver_0.2-14_ramips_24kec.ipk
Installing ddserver (0.2-14) to root...
Installing uclibcxx (0.2.4-2) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/rt305x/packages/base/uclibcxx_0.2.4-2_ramips_24kec.ipk.
Configuring uclibcxx.
Configuring ddserver.
root@OpenWrt:/tmp# 
It's also listed OK in Startup (luci).
Excellent work hubaiz !!!
Tomorrow I'll do full testing with photo gear (Canon 100D) and keep you in touch.
I'm very confident it will work fine, as reported by so many users :D .
mil

Post by mil »

Hi octav59,

Do you mind sharing the guides you used to install OpenWRT specifically the 3g modem etc? Although I have the Hame MPR-A2 but your guides might still be helpful to me. I'm also a beginner in modifying the OpenWRT and I'm having a hard time getting some of the stuff to work.

Btw, how's the performance of your wireless router with qDD since you said that it has the same specs with the Hame? My Hame MPR-A2 + iPhone 5S qDD lags a bit, is it the same for you?
octav59

Post by octav59 »

@ zoltan
Sorry, my mistake - it's Chaos Calmer, and despite the OK messages during ddserver install, it's not working.
See my above post during install. All seems OK, no error messages.
I tried several times to connect to the ddserver (wireless) with no luck:
- Android tablet quad-core - wi-fi connection to router - USB cable - Canon 100D (setup working fine with USB OTG connected to tablet).
I have latest qDD installed.
So i did some research.
In Startup tab of LuCI (OpenWRT GUI), I clicked stop (and also tried restart) ddserver. In kernel log, surprise ! Error message, there is no such PID. OK, lets check in Processes: no PID for ddserver (it's not listed) !
So dd server is not running.
Unfortunately there is no Barrier Breaker sysupgrade (squashfs) for my HT-TM02, so I cannot downgrade to it.
I even tried to flash a Hame A2 sysupgrade image and ... bricked my router. A great pleasure to read, then finally unbrick it - serial console after some soldering on the mainboard.
Now it's working OK, but no ddserver on Chaos Calmer.
I'm back to post 1. What should I do ?

@mil
For 3G modem/stick I used this http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/3gdongle?s
octav59

Post by octav59 »

After reading more about OpenWRT and discovered that Chaos Calmer is in testing phase, I decided to try with the latest release.
It's Chaos Calmer RC2 (release candidate).
And the good news ... It's working !!! Tested OK with all gear, up and running.
So, if you are not lucky enough to have a direct supported router by qDD, and your older version supported by OpenWRT is Chaos Calmer (my situation) you may try this:
- go to https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05-rc2/ and find your platform, then your router, download sysupgrade (assumming you're already on OpenWRT firmware with your router)
- install your_file_sysupgrade.bin (via opkg or luci interface)
- install ddserver (for your platform !), from site downloads OR from the above link provided by zoltan
- check installation completed OK by reading in Processes that dd sserver is running (it has PID and allocated resources).

Thanks Zoltan again for your wonderful software !
Now I have to read and learn how to properly use it.
Have a nice day.
ijon_tichy

Post by ijon_tichy »

Can someone give me a hint?

Code: Select all

root@OpenWrt:/tmp# opkg install ddserver_0.2-14_ramips_24kec.ipk
Collected errors:
 * opkg_conf_parse_file: /etc/opkg.conf:1: Ignoring invalid line: `git clone git://github.com/hubaiz/DslrDashboardServer packages/DslrDashboardServer'
 * wfopen: ddserver_0.2-14_ramips_24kec.ipk: No such file or directory.
 * pkg_init_from_file: Failed to extract control file from ddserver_0.2-14_ramips_24kec.ipk.
i am running a HooToo HT-TM03 on CHAOS CALMER (Bleeding Edge, r44945)

Thanks in advance,
Michael
octav59

Post by octav59 »

Read my previous posts. All my failures are on Chaos Calmer bleeding edge.
I couldn't find a way to get ddserver working on a pre-RC2 bleeding edge version. You're wasting your time.
Even I didn't get error messages, ddserver did not work until I've installed Chaos Calmer RC2.
Try one of these:
Chaos Calmer RC2 - working 100%, tested by me
https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_cal ... pgrade.bin
or
Chaos Calmer RC3 - you should test if it's OK with ddserver
https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_cal ... pgrade.bin
Good luck!