Problems with Sony A7m2

qDslrDashbord error reports
flashberger

Re: Problems with Sony A7m2

Post by flashberger »

nuggtv wrote:After updating the smart remote app everything works fine.

Thank for helping ;)

@flashberger: Sony A7m2 + FE 4/24-70 i can choose an aperture above 10, maybe it is the adapter that causes the problem

Hey nuggtv :)

i tried just that combination in a photo-store the last weekend. for me changing the aperture to some value from 2.8 - 9 did not work, also not with the FE 4 / 24-70...

it says the value is not choosable... but also in the playmemories application.

That works for you?

For me also the touch-focus does not work at all.. but also not with the playmemories app. Do you have any problems on that?

Maybe i forgot something.. ?!
- i have the latest firmware (1.20)
- i have the latest smart remote control app on the camera
- i am in M mode
flashberger

Post by flashberger »

i found the problem with the aperture setting.

honestly it was pure luck and i can not believe that i was the only one that experienced that error.. ^^

if you set the camera to english language it suddenly works, i think this is because the , and . are used differently in german / english language. And probably the firmware is not considering that different usage.

also shutter-settings with , did not work.

still the focus does not work, unfortunately :s
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

This is interesting as qDD gets the available shutter/aperture/iso values from the camera and when you set the value it sends the same one back. What is even more interesting that the values are get/set as strings not as numbers. Will check on the a5100 to change the language to German.
renton82

Post by renton82 »

flashberger wrote:
nuggtv wrote:After updating the smart remote app everything works fine.

Thank for helping ;)

@flashberger: Sony A7m2 + FE 4/24-70 i can choose an aperture above 10, maybe it is the adapter that causes the problem

Hey nuggtv :)

i tried just that combination in a photo-store the last weekend. for me changing the aperture to some value from 2.8 - 9 did not work, also not with the FE 4 / 24-70...

it says the value is not choosable... but also in the playmemories application.

That works for you?

For me also the touch-focus does not work at all.. but also not with the playmemories app. Do you have any problems on that?

Maybe i forgot something.. ?!
- i have the latest firmware (1.20)
- i have the latest smart remote control app on the camera
- i am in M mode
Hello! Finally i found someone with my same problem! I experienced the same issue: can't change aperture till wide open from f/9, i just tried with zeiss 35 f/2.8, and Sony pz 16-50 OSS, no way! I have firmware 1.21 on my A7 II, playmemories mobile 5.3.2 on my nexus 5 (tried also with another smartphone) and smart remote control updated to 3.30 on my A7 II. Just wrote to Sony and i'm waiting an answer!