change ip of the router

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
marcojj

change ip of the router

Post by marcojj »

Hi, is it possible to change the ip of the router?
When I shot in studio I'd like to connect the imac to the main internet router which it should be connected to th tp-link router, but the two router have the same ip 192.168.1.1. I'd like to change the tp-link ip but software always point to 192.168.1.1. Is there a way to change the pointing? thanks! marco
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: change ip of the router

Post by hubaiz »

You can change the LAN IP address in the OpenWrt web administration.
Under Network->Interfaces->LAN

Actually on my MR3040 for testing I use something similar by following this guide: http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/routedap
My wireless interface is set to a static IP 192.168.2.1
And my LAN interface is set to use DHCP
marcojj

Post by marcojj »

Thanks for the answer. I know I can change the router ip, but the software (mac) is always pointing to 192.168.1.1 and if I change the ip there is no connection between software and router
marcojj

Post by marcojj »

Found the solution: I have to press long "network" button and I can put manually the ip.
But it doesn't save the ip, everytime I have to put it manually.

Hold the ip should be a great feature as I shoot in studio, loose time talking or setting the subject, while the camera go in stand by.
I'd like to wake up the camera and connect automatically again to the software, not manually every time.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

It should save the IP if a connection was success with the entered IP.
Roul

Post by Roul »

Same problem here, i use my Router with IP 192.168.2.3, evey time i want to connect to the Router i have to long press the network button and then press enter to apply the saved IP 192.168.2.3

A simple connect always set the IP to 192.168.1.1. A long press to network show me se other IP 192.168.2.3 but, i have to connect manually...
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

A simple press on the 'Network' button will try to discover the ddserver on the network with UDP.
If it gets a response from ddserver it will connect to it.
The long press will use the saved IP and directly connect to the saved IP without using UDP.

UDP to work correctly (so that qDD can discover ddserver) the router (MR3040) default gateway and broadcast address must be set.