EOS 70D + LRT + NMX-Controller

qDslrDashbord error reports
cathy

Re: EOS 70D + LRT + NMX-Controller

Post by cathy »

Ok after a few hours testing different combinations of gear here are the results.

First gear used in the test Today .
Cameras @ Canon 70D,canon 5D mark 2,Nikon D810.
WiFi units TP-Link MR-3040,Hame ,and the Canon 70D built in wifi .
Qdslrdashboard versions 2.9 and 3.2
Android Tablet Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 Edition Model SM-P600 Running Kitkat 4.42

When testing Version 2.9 with the built in WiFi on the Canon 70D switching the lens to manual focus Or AF on the lens and restarting Qdslrdashboard I had no problems at all also the canon 5D mark 2 and the Nikon D810 .......all worked as they should with the TP-link MR-3040 and the Hame .

However a different story with version 3.2 start the app up with the lens switch on AF Qdslrdashboard would start and go to live view once you hit the canon button or the wifi button .....BUT Wait right there !!! Now switch the lens to MF and start Qdslrdashboard hit the canon button if you were using the canon 70D built in WiFi or the wifi button for the routers and it would BLOW OUT ......and a message would come up

Unfortunately Qdslrdashboard has stopped ok

All up these tests on the 3 different Cameras and different WIFi 's writing notes double checking the test results Took a total of 3 hrs of my Saturday morning up .........

Hope this helps get this Android version fixed and Also the IOS version before it is submitted to Apple would not like to wait another mth or so for Another let down .....the old saying measure twice cut once ......now can be test many times different setting and upload to Apple once all works and tested .......I don't mind helping if it gets the iOS version fixed and onto my iPad Quicker.
Regards
Cathy
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

This should fix the crashing for Canon DSLR if LV is set to autostart and focus is set to MF
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMZ8X ... sp=sharing
cathy

Post by cathy »

Tested it and I would like to report all ok now :D on all the above gear and does NOT blow out anymore on Android version 3.2 (today's updated version )
Canon 70D ,canon 5D Mark 2 ,Nikon D810 ...TP-Link MR-3040 ,Hame ,and the built in WIFI of the Canon 70D ....
Thank you !
CATHY

PS Bring on the iOS version !!!!!
jbrookfi

Post by jbrookfi »

Hi Cathy ,

Are you using DslrDashboard to control the motors attached to the NMX? and if yes, are you using the IC dialog or the MOCO dialog.
cathy

Post by cathy »

No I have not got a dolly setup anymore I will in the future have the new Nmx controller and new stepper motors .
KayR

Post by KayR »

Some strange behavior. Wanted to shoot LRT with my iPad mini (iOS 9.1). But I couldn't take any reference picture (was taken, but didn't show up) So no way for holy-Grail. Restarted camera (70d), restarted (reinstalled too) Software. Nothing changed. Then I started my iPad 3 and everything did work as expected. Going back to the IPad mini for checking again... Now working too! What did I wrong, or another bug?

Kay