I want a app to work like it should !

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
cathy

I want a app to work like it should !

Post by cathy »

Great you will have more time to address the fixes we need for all platforms now that you are unemployed you will have more time on your hands to get these fixes done in a quicker than normal manor which you have been addressing these faults .
We the people using this app or program just want a quick fix on what we find broken ……I have seen apps on the Apple Store within a 2 or 3 day turnaround back up and ready for a download if you have to pay extra for that service I don’t know but you might be able to address the slowness of the turnaround problem between fixes only for the app to be still broken .

It is good you are asking money for the android version it will help put food on the table and pay bills for you …….but for us still a broken program that don’t work like it should .

Now let’s take it like I have not been here before I buy your app based on what it says it can do I then spend loads of $$ to buy a canon 5D mark 3 ,a lens ,memory card ,filters, and a TP-link MR-3040 router with hope of doing video and saving it to my android or iPad which was yet another purchase .
I than try it out and I am disappointed it did not do as the app said it would it crashes time and time again I let you know you make a fix put it up on the Apple App Store I wait near a mth only to find out it won’t work I tell you again and the same thing goes on mth after mth after mth while I am left with all this camera gear to do nothing till you make a REAL fix for this app and have it working like it should …….now let’s hope you can borrow a Canon 5D mark 2 and 3 and a Nikon D810 of course you have a Canon 70D I can see that’s why the video recording works on PC and the canon 5D mark 2 and 3 don’t ….As a thought of you can’t borrow the cameras ….HIRE them we are now paying for the app use that money to hire them spend a day on each camera till you have this app fixed .
Oh also the focus problem as well needs fixing …..
I am sure if you were in our boots (Shoes ) you would want a app that you paid for to work stop winging it and do the testing once it works with all feature like you have advertised then put it up on the app store so we can use it with out it breaking 30seconds after I download it …..Now you have plenty of time being unemployed you should have a fix for it soon …..oh I returned the iPad pro got my $1499.00 back because your app is still is broken.

If you can’t borrow or hire the cameras or gear save up $ for a plane fare to Australia and you can use all my camera gear to test with your programs and apps that’s way I finally might have a app that I have paid for to work like it should .

Please don’t disappoint me and all the other people that have paid for your app …..Fix it !

Well set my canon 5D Mark 2 up manual mode on the camera dial with the TP-Link Mr-3040 went to the play store bought the app downloaded it connected to the MR-3040 started the Android App Qdslrdashboard ver 0.3.3 hit the movie in LV button hit record . And you guessed it under 10 seconds and it don't work so closed the App off back to the App Store to hit the REFUND button .......

Moral of this story why pay for something which is broken .... I will pay for a app if it works not a app that don't waste my time yet again .....

If you fix it I will pay for it !
GonzoG

Re: I want a app to work like it should !

Post by GonzoG »

Tell me, have written same monologue to Adobe ?? Their software costs much more than 10$ and some newer got fixes or you have pay extra to buy version that also don't work correctly.
cathy

Post by cathy »

Yes Adobe is slow as well......!
I cant do anything till this app is fixed I have been helping telling him the problems but its not happening quick enough .....Once his app is working like it should he will have to Do a few YouTube Videos ........As well as Mr lrt as well showing from beginning to end of the lrttimelapse feature in English without a crashs as well on ALL platforms ....You ask why a crash in the middle of a timelapse is not good throw all that time away and pictures as well ....as well as putting the shutter count up .....flatning batteries ...and wasting our god dam time ....if it don't work don't sell it fix it so we can enjoy it and you can make so good money on the APPS /programs.
I want to go out and enjoy this app make timelapses use my studio ,do interviews,but if the app don't work and I have to pay for it that is not good for me and anybody else who want to enjoy this good app ....
I just want it fixed now look at magic lantern its FREE but we all test and the problems get fixed ...I don't mind paying for this app but if something is broken fix it quickly and on to the next fault and fix it till it works like it should work ....I have been spending a LOT of time on here testing and I just don't mind but lately I am getting a LITTLE unset on the lag of how long it takes .....Speed it up the quicker it is fixed the more people will buy and enjoy it .
My 2 cents worth !
toniyoo

Post by toniyoo »

I am with Cathy. This app is very buggy. I have bought the ipad app and installed the free android version months ago and in the end I abandoned because it is very unstable and do not work properly most of the time with continuous crashes. After some months Now I have installed last version (ipad) and also I have purchased the android version and gave it a second try to version 0.3.3. No way. it is still the same buggy, unstable and untrustworthy application.

To the author:

In my case, it is not a problem the money I invest in trying the app. As you are unemployed I am more than happy for paying that little help to you. No problem.

The real problem is that dslrdashboard is probably the only app covering Nikon (and Canon and Sony cameras) that can connect USB and wirelessly and control almost all the important parameters, and provide bracketing, time lapse, etc. Its probably THE ONLY ONE APP IN THE WORLD with these characteristics. So if you were able to find the way to collaborate with a small team of developers and testers to being able to make this app work properly and consistently you would have an important reveneu stream to share with this team and also you will make happy a lot of photographers.

Best regards,
Toni
klausesser

Post by klausesser »

GonzoG wrote:Tell me, have written same monologue to Adobe ?? Their software costs much more than 10$ and some newer got fixes or you have pay extra to buy version that also don't work correctly.

Hi!

Well, i use a lot of Adobe-Software - not ONE them ever let me down the way qdslr does. Sorry to say this.
Meanwhile i´m thinking about using CamRanger . . . because i need apps which WORK reliably.

best, Klaus
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

klausesser wrote:
GonzoG wrote:Tell me, have written same monologue to Adobe ?? Their software costs much more than 10$ and some newer got fixes or you have pay extra to buy version that also don't work correctly.

Hi!

Well, i use a lot of Adobe-Software - not ONE them ever let me down the way qdslr does. Sorry to say this.
Well, so you just newer fully tried to use them fully. LR5 still has errors while exporting files, LR6 does't want to work with hardware acceleration. LR 6 can just like that lose all what have you done with photos, crush every 5-6 RAW photos, hang for a minute or more with just few modifications done, etc...

Since PS CS4 there are many memory leaks that causes that some functions need endless amounts of RAM or just they will kill your HDD.

Those are just few that I encountered and I rarely use Adobe's software.
klausesser wrote: Meanwhile i´m thinking about using CamRanger . . . because i need apps which WORK reliably.

best, Klaus
If you need simple and mostly reliable tool, it's strange to me that you haven't already bought it.