Nikon D800 and iPad air

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Scotts08

Nikon D800 and iPad air

Post by Scotts08 »

Hi all, this is my first post here so Hi to everyone.

I am struggling with the connection piece between the D800 and iPad Air (or iPhone 6) for qdslr

I have no issues in being tethered as my work is either long exposure (don't need qdslr) or time lapse where I would use the lrtimelapse page a lot.

My understanding is that I can tether my d800 to my MacBook I used to do this in the studio) but do I simply need a USB3 from the camera and an adapt or into the iPad????

FYI I also have cam ranger that works well but doesn't have ramping capabilities.

Really would love any help on this one.

I'm good with the cam and computer but getting them to talk to each other isn't my strong point...... I also have a D90 and Fuji X100s if it hels
GonzoG

Re: Nikon D800 and iPad air

Post by GonzoG »

If you want to connect camera with USB to mobile device you need to buy Android or Windows tablet with USB 3.0 host capability.
Apple did not think that anyone would need to connect any USB device to their iPhones or iPads.
Also Apple's lightning->USB adapter uses only USB 2.0 but it is limited only for iOS built-in functions.

And if you are strict Apple user than you have to use WiFi to connect to camera and this means much lower speeds than USB 3.0
Scotts08

Post by Scotts08 »

I have decided to go down the MR3040 route and will recieve it soon, although its hard to get hold of one. I have raised a question around flashing it as well.
Many thanks for your help
cathy

Post by cathy »

http://youtu.be/Our-AxmrDJM

Watch the video !
Scotts08

Post by Scotts08 »

Will do.... Many thanks