Connecting Nikon D750

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
ethanstein

Re: Connecting Nikon D750

Post by ethanstein »

Hi,

I am having problems connecting my D750 to qDslrDashboard on ipad mini by TP link MR3040. I ran the firmware upgrade provided by at TP link website.

I tried to follow these instructions in this thread. But I must be missing something.

1) Turn on MR3040 -done
2) Connect d750 with USB to MR3040 (full USB port) and turn on D750

----------i am using the D750 included cable to attach the mini USB port (next to the mini HDMI on the camera) to the MR 3040. Is this the correct cable? or am I supposed to be using the accessory cable? I didn't think I was supposed to.

3)Pair your iOS device wireless with the MR3040 wireless

------Does pair the iOS and MR3040 it is mean that I choose and login to that wireless option in settings on the ipad, or does it mean the ip address on dslrdashboard network matches ip address showing in ipad settings? The ip address on my ipad settings were not the same as the one in dslrdashboard so I made them the same to match what was coming from the TP3040. do I have to change the port number as well?

4) Start qDslrDashboard -done
5) Press the network button or long press it -done

I am able to connect fine from camera to ipad after firmware upgrade. I was not able to prior to upgrading firmware so I thought my firmware was good now. Seems like it should be.

Any help would be appreciated, I was hoping to have my wifi going for some video this weekend.

Thanks. Alex
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

You must install the OpenWrt firmware with the ddserver package.
You have the instructions here: http://dslrdashboard.info/tp-link-mr3040-openwrt-flash/

With the TP-Link firmware it will not work.
ethanstein

Post by ethanstein »

thanks for the help!