iOS - qDslrDashboard is crashing on iPad and iPhone

qDslrDashbord error reports
everett

iOS - qDslrDashboard is crashing on iPad and iPhone

Post by everett »

Hi,

I'm using version 0.3.1 on an iPad 2 (iOS 8.4.1) and iPhone 6S (iOS 9.0.2) with a TP-Link MR3040 (OpenWRT v0.13).
The camera is a Canon 5D Mark III.

On both devices the app is crashing on Live View (immediately or with a 1-2 sec. delay on the iPhone 6S). Taking a normal picture without LV results in a crash as well. The iPad usually needs a cold reboot to work again with qDD and the iPhone 6S needs several restarts of phone, camera and router to work again.

I have been using CamRanger before without any problems whatsoever.

I can rule out the camera as it works flawless with CamRanger, ShutterSnitch (using a Wifi SD-Card to connect to the iPad or iPhone) and all other tethered applications. The TP-Link MR3040 seems to work stable as well (it was a factory sealed unit (version 2) that was re-flashed with OpenWRT).

I'd like to provide crash reports but I assume this is not possible with iOS (if so could you please provide instructions).

Is there any way to fix this as in the current state the app is unusable.

Thank you for your support.
suiyuqing

Re: iOS - qDslrDashboard is crashing on iPad and iPhone

Post by suiyuqing »

Same problem
qDslrdashboard version 0.3.2 , ipad , or touch 4., Canon5D3.
but it running good with my Canon7D.
now , I use android mobile phone to connect mr3040 only .
cathy

Post by cathy »

Until the next version gets on the Apple Store try switching the switch on the lens to manual and then start Qdslrdashboard.
suiyuqing

Post by suiyuqing »

cathy wrote:Until the next version gets on the Apple Store try switching the switch on the lens to manual and then start Qdslrdashboard.
thank you Cathy. yes, on the manual mode , qdslrdashboard works.
Dolsdorf

Post by Dolsdorf »

I'm running qDslrDashboard 0.3.4 on an iPad 3 with iOS 9.2 and the app is crashing after start in two of three cases. When it seems to be stable running it obviously cannot connect to my ESO 650D. Deactivating autofocus and stabilization at the lens didn't make a difference.

Please help!

Best regards
Axel
valid_like_salad

Post by valid_like_salad »

Stability issues; no resolve with autofocus off.

App will drop connection within seconds after connecting. Unstable to use with LRTimelapse setting, which will be my primary use.

Qdslrdashboard 0.3.4
Canon 5D mark II
iPad mini original iOS 8.4.1
TR MR3040 v2.4
Flashed with openwrt (barrier breaker), then updated to the ddserver firmware in the downloads section (v2 sysupgrade)
Switch is to "3G/LTE"
Zeitraffer

Post by Zeitraffer »

It does not work with Sony A7 neither. The 0.3.4 Version is even worse than the previous one. What a pity, because the idea is great!
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

valid_like_salad wrote:Stability issues; no resolve with autofocus off.

App will drop connection within seconds after connecting. Unstable to use with LRTimelapse setting, which will be my primary use.

Qdslrdashboard 0.3.4
Canon 5D mark II
TR MR3040 v2.4
Flashed with openwrt (barrier breaker), then updated to the ddserver firmware in the downloads section (v2 sysupgrade)
Switch is to "3G/LTE"
1. mode switch does not work with OpenWRT
2. flash correctly - factory image, and sysupgrade provided by Zoltan or manually add ddserver to Barrier Breaker. Using 2 different distributions of OpenWRT is bound to fail.
valid_like_salad

GonzoG wrote:

Qdslrdashboard 0.3.4
Canon 5D mark II
TR MR3040 v2.4
Switch is to "3G/LTE"
2. flash correctly - factory image, and sysupgrade provided by Zoltan or manually add ddserver to Barrier Breaker. Using 2 different distributions of OpenWRT is bound to fail.
if the mode switch is inconsequential that must not be the issue then. Maybe you can clarify where my mistake was on the firmware? I was under the impression that the sysupgrade firmware was intended for use with OpenWRT barrier breaker. How do I restore to the factory image? It's not as simple as updating firmware from OpenWRT with the factory image is it?
valid_like_salad

GonzoG wrote:

Qdslrdashboard 0.3.4
Canon 5D mark II
TR MR3040 v2.4
Switch is to "3G/LTE"
Happy to be able to rule out the "mode switch" as an issue. How do I go about resetting the router to factory firmware? I imagine it isn't as simple as updating the firmware from OpenWRT with the TP-Link firmware?

And if you wouldn't mind to clarify; my understanding was that Zoltan provided a firmware version for upgrading from barrier breaker as well as a firmware version to upgrade to from the factory TP-Link firmware. I updated my router to the most current OpenWRT firmware and then updated with Zoltan's V2 sysupgrade (as the other option seemed to be for flashing a brand new router.)

To be thorough I will try the other firmware from the factory, just need to know how to flash to factory firmware.

Thanks!