Can't shoot with D3100 from OSX

qDslrDashbord error reports
MasterScrat

Can't shoot with D3100 from OSX

Post by MasterScrat »

Hello,

I can connect my mac laptop to my D3100 Nikon camera, and I can change ISO/WB etc however I am unable to take pictures. The capture button on the left simply does nothing.

I am aware that the D3100 is not fully supported and that I shouldn't expect Live View to work, this is not a big deal for me, but I thought I could still use it for timelapse?

Note that if I use the "Image Capture" OSX utility I am able to shoot pictures form my laptop.

Any help?
Florian
Fizboy

Re: Can't shoot with D3100 from OSX

Post by Fizboy »

I am having the same issue with the Android App. The capture button will make the camera auto focus but will not capture an image. I purchased the app for the ability to use it for the timelapse as well but currently it is not working. Really would like to get this fixed or I will have to elect to request a refund.

Thanks
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

I'm working with a D3100 user and did some fixes however don't expect miracles as the D3100 is budget model with only a limited set of PTP commands/properties.
Will see to build a test/debug version for OSX with the fixes.
Fizboy

Post by Fizboy »

Thanks for being prompt with looking into this. I understand that my camera is a budget model and I don't expect great things from it. From reading forums and other things I found on the internet, the D3100 was able to capture photos with an older version of the app but something must have broken between versions.

I appreciate your time and work on this app. It is great to see such a useful app.