Pics from Camera D750

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
HarryG

Pics from Camera D750

Post by HarryG »

Hi
I have installed the app and it is working with some minor problems can anyone help please

Since connecting the app when I put the SD card from camera into computer If I try to delete the photo from the card it does not allow me stating that another app may be using the file so it cannot be deleted.

I had other photos on the card and even these cannot be deleted as the same message appears. I did not have this problem before I connected the app to the camera and since then I cannot delete any photo from the card.

On pics on the computer they can be deleted no bother but any photo taken with the camera now even without dslr dashboard running cannot be deleted

Can the dashboard change camera firmware?

Thanks in advance.

Harry
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Pics from Camera D750

Post by hubaiz »

On what platform do you use qDslrDashboard and what type of connection do you use (wireless, USB) ?
HarryG

Post by HarryG »

thanks for the quick reply
I am using wireless connection and also a cabled connection with OTG cable, I have found the problem and it was down to the card reader on windows 10 operating system.
I have used a different card reader and all is well.

Remarkable programme once up and running however cant seem to get video working but not too bothered.

I paid £15 for a wireless Nikon remote and your app far surpasses the capability of the Nikon remote for less than half the price.

Thanks again for the fast response your programme rocks

HarryG
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

It look like some other app tries to access files on SD card. There is an app in OSX that to that (I think it's called Photos). Till Windows 8.1 there are non apps like this. Don't know if W10 has one.

Also Lightroom or similar app might automatically access photos to import them.