D750 - MLU not working?

qDslrDashbord error reports
FunPhoto

D750 - MLU not working?

Post by FunPhoto »

Dear all,
being new to qDslrDashboard, I do not understand the MLU function there. The D750 is connected via WiFi, the qDslrDashboard is version 3.5.1 In the camera settings I can change to MLU but as soon as I press "photo" (even without using LV) it is immediately taken. I would have expected the first step, i.e. the mirror going up and with a second press, the image is taken (like a normal remote control by cable). So - where is the secret switch or button to use MLU stepwise?
Many thanks for an answer, Dirk
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: D750 - MLU not working?

Post by hubaiz »

I guess you MUP.
The D750 does not have the required PTP command for MUP capture.

Only the newer NIkon DSLR have this command: 810a, D5, D500
FunPhoto

Post by FunPhoto »

Well, thanks for the explanation. MLU = mirror-lock-up
I wonder why you cannot simply let the mirror go up as in live view and then take a picture later, without moving the mirror again- or am I just saying, this is another way to achieve MLU?
Anyhow, again thanks for your reply, Dirk
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

FunPhoto wrote: I wonder why you cannot simply let the mirror go up as in live view and then take a picture later, without moving the mirror again- or am I just saying, this is another way to achieve MLU?
You cannot to anything you like. Everything, every command needs to be implemented in camera firmware.
You can only execute what camera has to offer so if D750 has no such function it cannot be done.
And there are no simple functions like "move mirror up", "open shutter", "close shutter".
FunPhoto

Post by FunPhoto »

Sorry - and thanks for the explanation.
All the best and keep up your good work!
Dirk