No capture in Live view

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
pnz

Re: No capture in Live view

Post by pnz »

Hello,

my settings are always AF-C on realese priority. But iam not able to do any pictures because i deinstall every realese from qdslrdashboard when the same error comes up (0.26-0.27.-0.28). And now iam not able to load it because, I didnt load a app which work not correctly and cost more than 2-3 € and you want 10 €. Thats to much for a piece of software, which is not working with my camera. And no one can guarentee me, that the issue will be fixt . And it seems like that this issue will not fixed, because this issue exist a long time.

So iam lucky that i have the old dslr-dashboard. But this is only an advise. You want a lot of money and didnt fixt existings problems which existing a long time.

btw i send you a vid with this issue and nothing happens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axtWnhW2CGQ. I you want i send you the settings from my camera with the old dslrdashboard which is working fine.

Best wishes

pnz
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

pnz wrote:btw i send you a vid with this issue and nothing happens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axtWnhW2CGQ. I you want i send you the settings from my camera with the old dslrdashboard which is working fine.
See you used the desktop version so it did not cost you anything. What DslrDashboard version? The old Android only?
hubaiz wrote:Also check the settings for 'Dynamic AF on AF-C' and 'Dynamic AF on AF-S'. Are those set to 'Focus' or 'Release' ? If they are set to 'Focus' please change them to 'Release'
Did you try this?
pnz

Post by pnz »

Hello,

first of all, iam not able to connect my camera to the latest qdslrdashboard.

Second why should i try this. If if do a focusstacking, i have to use af-c an realese priority. So there is for my no point to try this. Btw: in control my nikon it works fine.

Sorry for that but iam not able to try it because the software doesnt recognise my camera.

Best regards

pnz
Janqdslr

Post by Janqdslr »

Hello,

I purchased qDslrDashboard yesterday en started testing to find out how it works and I soon found out I have the same problem with capturing images in LV (NO picture saved on camera!!!). But the problem only seems to happen when the camera is set to MANUAL. When I set the camera to AF single shot it seems to work fine. So I think the problem has something to do with Autofocus is ON or OFF. As far as I can see there is no setting in the qdslr app to set autofocus to manual, I can only do this on the camera with a button. When the camera is set to M then there should be a setting in de qdslr app to ignore AF in the app.

I will hope that they will com soon with a solution, otherwise qdslr is not worth using it.

NIKON D700
Sigma 15-30
Sigma 24-70
Sigma 150 Macro

Best Regards,
Jan