Silent shooting issues

qDslrDashbord error reports
Arma

Silent shooting issues

Post by Arma »

Hi Zoltan,

I'm keeping dslrdashboard updated by following the forum...
I'm on W7@64b and I noticed Silent mode makes dslrdashboard not recognizing the end of the capture when bulb mode is selected.
So, as soon as the 1st exposure has been completed, even if the photo is properly downloaded/shown, dslrdashboard controls the camera no more (obliging me to close it and to powercycle the camera itself).

I see the issue occurs on my Nikon D5300 (with/without Long exposure Noise reduction, with/without 1s exposure delay).
Please let me know if you need further tests.

Thank you!
Armando
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Silent shooting issues

Post by hubaiz »

Tested it with D7100 and there worked.
Switched to 'Host mode' and set the capture mode to 'Silent shooting'
Set shutter speed to BULB and after pressing the capture button I set a 2 sec exposure.
The capture was ended and the image was displayed.

Eventually run the debug version and send me the log file (please use the support email).
Arma

Post by Arma »

Did you try to take a 2nd photo after the 1st one had been properly taken/downloaded/displayed?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Arma wrote:Did you try to take a 2nd photo after the 1st one had been properly taken/downloaded/displayed?
Yes and it worked with D7100.
Maybe some of your settings are different. I was in M mode.
Arma

Post by Arma »

Could it be related to D5300 disconnection issue (that, like this issue, seems occurring only on D5300)?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

It shouldn't. Please send me a log file where you do multiple silent capture with bulb.
Also eventually send me a screenshot of the camera properties display to see what camera settings do you use.