Program crashes connecting to Canon 7D Mark II

qDslrDashbord error reports
big0mike

Program crashes connecting to Canon 7D Mark II

Post by big0mike »

Title says it all... I installed the WinUSB driver. Load dslrdashboard. Hit the USB button. It says connecting to Canon Camera for 10 seconds or so and the program just closes. No error.

Edit: Sorry... forgot specs you may need.
Canon 7D Mark II
Dell XPS running Win10

When I installed WinUSB it hung so I reinstalled it a second time and had it show me the progress where I saw it said "reboot necessary to complete install." Previous to the reboot it wouldn't see the camera to connect. After a reboot it finally saw the camera but then the program just quits.

Thoughts?

Mike
big0mike

Re: Program crashes connecting to Canon 7D Mark II

Post by big0mike »

So my guess is there's absolutely no support here? :roll:
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

When does it crash?
Maybe a small video?
big0mike

Post by big0mike »

Just like i said in my original post. I hit the USB button to connect, it says connecting to Canon camera for 5 to 10 seconds and the program quits without error.

I looked through the event viewer and found the error and sent it to the support email address. It was a .dll file "causing" the error but can't remember the exact one off the top of my head. I can update later with the error...

Mike
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Please try this new build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hMHE8d ... sp=sharing

If it is also crashing please run the debug one. This will create a new qdd_<date_time>.log file in your Documents folder. Please send me the log file (using the support email).
big0mike

Post by big0mike »

Log files sent...