No electronic shutter with Sony A7s?

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
redmagic

No electronic shutter with Sony A7s?

Post by redmagic »

Hello,
I just bought dslrdashboard, the connection from my phone (Android) to my camera (Sony A7s) worked immediately, so far so good. Unfortunately, the camera switches to mechanic shutter mode when im controlling it with dslrdashboard. The camera also does this when im using Sonys remote camera app.

Is there a way to use the electronic shutter mode when controlling the camera with dslrdashboard? Using the the mechanic shutter for time lapse shooting is not appropriate for me.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: No electronic shutter with Sony A7s?

Post by hubaiz »

After the connection is made with qDD, on camera in 'Smart remote control' enter the application settings (should be the Menu button) and check if there is a settings for it and enable it there.
Just checked, on a6300 it is on page 5.
redmagic

Post by redmagic »

I have double-checked that menu, got there with the menu-button after making the connection, its has 5 pages on the A7s also, so i guess i was in the right menu....but there is nothing to adjust for electronic shutter / silent mode.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

On a6300 it is on page 5 last entry 'Silent shooting'
Do you use the latest version of the 'Smart remote control' camera application: https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/ ... _00-F00002
According the specifications the a7s supports silent shooting: https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/ ... _00-F00002
redmagic

Post by redmagic »

I have been shooting time lapse with the A7s in silent mode for years, its no problem in "normal" = not remote operation. When using remote operation, there ist definitely no "silent shooting" - entry in that 5 pages menu.

On the A7s I have the newest firmware 3.20. On the phone im using Imaging Edge, the successor of Play Memories, and its also the newest version 7.2. But i guess that the software on the phone does not influence the cameras menu in remote operation anyway?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

You should check that you have the latest version of the 'Smart remote control'
The 'silent shooting' option must be in the 'Smart remote control' camera application.
The software on your Android device has nothing to do with this.
redmagic

Post by redmagic »

Ok i got it - smart remote control ist not part of the cameras firmware. I didnt find a way to find out the version of smart remote control app on my camera, so i just installed the newest version - which was a real pain in the A!

However, I can now use the silent shutter in remote operation! Thank you for your support!