USB connection to Nikon D800E or D850 not working!

qDslrDashbord error reports
jchintall

USB connection to Nikon D800E or D850 not working!

Post by jchintall »

Hello.

The WiFi connection with the D850 is working Ok. However, I wanted to use the USB connection since the Samsung Galaxy S8 will not always be within the WiFi range during the duration of the timelapse. The USB connection using an OTG cable between the D850 and my wife's S8 does not work. The camera will not connect to the qDslr Dashboard via USB. I then tried to connect to the D850 to an old S7; this did not work. The attempted to connect the D800E via usb to the S8; this combination did not work.

Just to be sure the cameras' USB ports were functioning, I connected the USB port of the camera (D850 or D800E) to another timelapse setup; both cameras functioned as they should using the cameras' USB ports. Another trial used an S7 with the cameras'; no USB connection was possible. I downloaded an OTG manager software onto the phones; these did not work.

Any resolution to this issue?
Thanks
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: USB connection to Nikon D800E or D850 not working!

Post by hubaiz »

When you connect your camera with USB OTG and turn it do you get a dialog on your Android device with the list of the applications that support it?
In qDslrDashboard settings disable the 'Use Android native USB access' option.
jchintall

Post by jchintall »

Hi
Thank you for such a quick response. The initial time the camera is connected to the S8 a list of apps opens at the bottom of the screen. qDslr Dashboard is included. Upon clicking on the qDslr app icon, the app opens but sometimes rapidly closes. Other times the app remains open, searching for USB devices.

I have screenshots but do not know how to attach them. Sorry!

Thanks again for any help!

John
jchintall

Post by jchintall »

Hello,

Thank You for the rapid response. I made the suggested change on the qDslrDashboard, i.e. disabled the "Use Android native USB access" option. The USB connection failed to say connected. The applications are shown upon connecting the OTG to the S8. However, this only worked the initial time. After that the S8 immediately requested to close the qDslr app or the qDslr app opened and remained "searching for USB devices".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
John
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Did you try enabling/disabling the 'Use Android native USB access' option in qDslrDashboard settings?
jchintall

Post by jchintall »

"Use Android native USB access" was disabled as suggested. No effect resulted.