Interval shots are saved on memory card but not in device

qDslrDashbord error reports
rodmonte

Interval shots are saved on memory card but not in device

Post by rodmonte »

Hi!

First of all I would like to say DSLR Dashboard is awesome! Great work!

I was trying to create a long time lapse video. Looking forward it I started using interval shooting with my Windows 10 laptop but after some shots, my camera stopped shooting because the memory card was full. Only then I realized that DSLR Dashboard was saving shots in my camera and not in my laptop as it happens when taking simple shots.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thx a lot!
jbrookfi

Re: Interval shots are saved on memory card but not in device

Post by jbrookfi »

My setups do the same but I wouldn't want it another way. The time to copy a raw file to the laptop would be too great for many situations,
How much space do you need?
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

Don't know if it works in LRtimelapse mode, but in normal remote control you can switch to save photos on remote device by long press on qDD shutter button (turns red) and than all will be save only on remote device.
There is on down side - RAW files need so time to download (on some cameras more than 30s) and only after photo is saved on computer another one can be taken so you need to take this into consideration when planning time lapse.
rodmonte

Post by rodmonte »

I still don't know how much space I will need. I did not run any test yet. And I was not plannig to save in RAW format, I was planning (courageously) save in JPEG. :P