DD ver. 0.30.33 not working properly on Android 5.1?

qDslrDashbord error reports
Niko

DD ver. 0.30.33 not working properly on Android 5.1?

Post by Niko »

Hi @all,

I used the former version DD 0.30.33 on my Xperia M2 with Android 4, worked perfectly for taking HDR images with different repetitive settings.
Didn't use it for a while though and it seems like I haven't used it since I upgraded to Android 5.1.

Now I'm experiencing different errors:

the program is not starting after connecting the camera with usb, it is found but then nothing happens. After some fiddeling around switching camera on and off or unplugging the usb cable or researching with the app it does start somehow. The app then works but seems to be a little buggy, could not define specific bugs so far (if I remember correctly eg. it gout stuck at taking the second image at a bracketing series once)

So the questions are:

Can anyone confirm that this version is not working properly with Android 5.1 ( / Xperia M2 to be precise)?

Might there be a conflict between the two versions installed parallel, qDD latest versions and DD this version?

Any guess on how to proceed to get a more-or-less reliable solution back up running (except reverting back to Android 4 if possible)

Thanks in advance
Niko
GonzoG

Re: DD ver. 0.30.33 not working properly on Android 5.1?

Post by GonzoG »

It won't work correctly because it's old version from times when there was no lolipop.
Niko

Re: DD ver. 0.30.33 not working properly on Android 5.1?

Post by Niko »

Thanks, I was assuming that, too.

I does work though, but not reliable enough..

Actually I was experiencing troubles with the actual qDD version as well (in opposition to the fomer one on the old OS) but it's an ongoing developing process (I guess) and still in beta version - so having to deal with that.