cannot connect to camera redirected via virtualhere [solved]

qDslrDashbord error reports
olli

cannot connect to camera redirected via virtualhere [solved]

Post by olli »

Hey,

after I successfully connected my camera to a tp-link mr3040 and ddserver with qdslrdashboard, I tried to replace ddserver with virtualhere to be more flexible on the client side to use other camera tools.
I successfully installed virtualhere on my mr3040 and connected it with my laptop. The camera is shown in system manager and can be used via e.g. Canon's EOS Utility. If I change the driver to winusb and try qdslrdashboard to connect via USB, qdslrdashboard does nothing. It doesn't complain that no camera is found, it just says/does nothing when I click the "connect USB" button.
Is there any log file or debug switch that I can set to obtain more information what's going wrong here? Or is this a known issue?

Thanks and best regards, olli
Last edited by olli on 28 Nov 2015, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
olli

Re: cannot connect to camera redirected via virtualhere

Post by olli »

okay, I solved my problem. The shipped libusb1.0.dll doesn't look for virtual here hub driver. There is a solution proposal on the libusb mailing list:
http://libusb.6.n5.nabble.com/libusb-Pa ... 14167.html
I built a patched libusb dll on my own as this patch is not in the libusb sources. With the patched libusb, qdslrdashboard detects my camera and everything works very well.

best regards, olli
maximo73

Re: cannot connect to camera redirected via virtualhere [solved]

Post by maximo73 »

Lolli Good morning, I saw that you have solved the same problem, and can have this patch to solve my situation? I'm not a programmer and do not know where to start.

excuse the bad English (translated by google)