Can't connect wirelessly to my Sony cameras on Linux

qDslrDashbord error reports
risbac

Can't connect wirelessly to my Sony cameras on Linux

Post by risbac »

Hello !

I have downloaded the latest version, updated the remote controller app on both my cameras (a6000 & A7II), but I can't connect on them. I'm launching the app, connecting the computer to the wireless network, and when I press the button to connect to a Sony camera wirelessly, nothing happens. Did I miss a step ? Thank you in advance if anyone can help.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect wirelessly to my Sony cameras on Linux

Post by hubaiz »

You need to install the latest 'Smart remote control' application on your Sony cameras (https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/ ... _00-F00002).
Start the application on your camera (it will create a wireless network).
Pair your Linux PC wireless with the camera wireless.
Start qDslrDashboard and press the 'Sony wireless' button.

If your Linux pc is connected also with wired network connection please try and disconnect that connection.
risbac

Post by risbac »

Thank you for your answer.

That's what i was trying. The remove control app is up to date. My laptop can connect to the wireless network of the camera. but when I press the "Sony wireless" button, nothings happen. My laptop is not connected to any wired network.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Not sure but could you try and disable your firewall?
risbac

Post by risbac »

Ok that's weird, but my laptop is guilty. Using another one, it's connecting fine. But on my main laptop, I get crap routes when connecting to the camera ! The default gateway is the laptop itself, not the camera, even if the wireless network seems to give the right settings. But if I'm using the "route" command, I see what is wrong. I should have guessed it, when I pinged the camera, it was answering way too fast ! It was clear that it was NOT the camera answering. So I guess it has nothing to do with DSLRdashboard !
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Maybe you have manual IPv4 settings for one of your network interfaces that use the same IP as the camera.