suggestion/requests for video mode/live view

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
tiboine

suggestion/requests for video mode/live view

Post by tiboine » 19 Jan 2016, 13:07

I am experimenting in using the app as a monitor for filming. But I have some issues with it.

-The camera buttons doesn't work in live view/host mode. mainly the record and autofocus buttons. is it possible to have them active?
- hide UI when recording.
- zebra stripes would be awesome!
- there's a little bit of lag in live view. Is it possible to lower the quality on the video feed to gain smoother live view?
-touch to focus? especially nice when recording.
-add functionality to volume keys on android. to for example start/stop record and focus? programmable buttons would be nice.

GonzoG

Re: suggestion/requests for video mode/live view

Post by GonzoG » 19 Jan 2016, 21:11

tiboine wrote: -touch to focus? especially nice when recording.
Why won't you turn it on in settings ?? (AF after focus point change)
tiboine wrote:-The camera buttons doesn't work in live view/host mode. mainly the record and autofocus buttons. is it possible to have them active?
Cannot be done. This is how your camera works.
tiboine wrote: - zebra stripes would be awesome!
It would be also useless. Camera sends highly compressed low resolution video. Marking blown highlights would be very unreliable.

tiboine wrote: - there's a little bit of lag in live view. Is it possible to lower the quality on the video feed to gain smoother live view?
Cannot totaly remove delay/lag. Video stream and processing must take some time.
HDMI has similar lag - tested Nikons D5200 and D610 on qDD and HDMI monitor and I couldn't see any difference in delay.
And I use Lenovo A7600 - year old budget 10" tablet.

But when you turn on displaying some filters like focus peaking in qDD - there will be serious delay and frame rate drop.

tiboine

Post by tiboine » 20 Jan 2016, 13:25

Why won't you turn it on in settings ?? (AF after focus point change)
ah nice. Forgot about that one.

So it isn't possible to use the app as just a "image receiver"? kinda like hdmi out.

But using the volume keys on the phone would be really nice. I know that it is possible. :)

zcream

Post by zcream » 06 Nov 2019, 12:55

Does AF during video work for Nikon D5200 ? If not, which cameras does it work for ?

hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz » 07 Nov 2019, 09:52

zcream wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 12:55
Does AF during video work for Nikon D5200 ? If not, which cameras does it work for ?
Not sure what you mean. The AF always work. How it works it depends on your settings.