Total frames counter in LRT mode

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
mexican

Total frames counter in LRT mode

Post by mexican »

Hi everybody, I'm just shooting some timelapse sequence using qDD and I noticed one thing in the LRT screen.
The total frames counter increments by 2 with each image shot. Not that it increases by 2 instantly each time, but it rather increments by 1 right after the picture is taken and then once again after 1 or 2 seconds.

Is this a feature which has some purpose or is it a bug?

The image quality configured during shooting is RAW + JPEG. Maybe it reflects two files are created for each image?
However it is confusing when I set the intervalometer to let's say 400 frames and the total frames counter show 400 frames when just one half of the whole sequence elapsed.
GonzoG

Re: Total frames counter in LRT mode

Post by GonzoG »

Frame counter is not a frame counter but interval counter.
If you set wrong internal time it will go up more than one with each photo.

Interval time >= shutter speed + time to save photos + time to download photo to device + 1-3s (depends on camera and remote device).
mexican

Post by mexican »

In my case I've seť the interval to take picture every 15s which was more than enough for transfering the picture to the device. Slowest shutter speed for HG was set to 5s.
After one hour of shooting 240 frames were effectively taken but the total frames reading was 480.
The progress of the total frame counter was like this:

00:00 1 frame ( picture taken )
00:02 2 frames ( incremented without taking the picture )
00:15 3 frames ( picture taken )
00:17 4 frames ( no picture taken )
00:30 5 frames
00:32 6 frames

and so on
mexican

Post by mexican »

Today I made some attempts with qDD in order to find the root of the problem and I've probably found the culprit.
This behavior exhibits only when 2 SD cards are inserted and the role of the 2nd slot is configured as BACKUP.

Probably the app receives two notifications from the camera and thinks multiple frames were shot. But in my opinion the app should be able to handle this situation correctly.