sony a7r2 and qdslr unable to change values

qDslrDashbord error reports
davehi50

sony a7r2 and qdslr unable to change values

Post by davehi50 »

Im able to connect my sony a7r2 and my iPad but the camera settings are not able to be changed-( v3.4)
Am I missing something here?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: sony a7r2 and qdslr unable to change values

Post by hubaiz »

Do you have the latest version of 'Smart remote control' ( https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/ ... _00-F00002 ) ?
davehi50

Post by davehi50 »

I have just upgraded the firmware on my camera and also installed the latest play memories on my iPad. The wireless connects to the camera but I'm still unable to change any of the values in the dslr app.

Im not sure if there is a way to upgrade the smart remote on the camera... I could not see any way to update that on the camera. I hope you can help.

BTW
I have this app working flawlessly with my Canon 6d (wireless) and my Nexus 7, wow great work developing this app, it is amazing!!
Thank You.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Not sure how is on the A7R2, but on a5100 I must start the 'smart remote control' application on camera.
Do you start the latest one that you installed from Playmemories?
davehi50

Post by davehi50 »

hubabiz,
I purchased a new tablet yesterday and also downloaded the newest qdslr. Im able to operate my Canon 6d,wireless- 1DX with router , and Sony does connect but as stated earlier , Im unable to control the settings. My Sony has a Metabones adaptor that allows me to use all my Canon lenses with it.
My theory is that for some reason the Metabones adaptor will not allow qdslr the ability to communicate properly with the camera. Im not sure why or how this could be- just a theory. It seems qdslr work independent of the lens by reading the histogram values and changing shutter speed so not sure how or why the lens adaptor could affect it. This might explain why some Sony users are able to use qdslr and others cannot.

I hope there is a solution for this. I would love to be able to use my Sony with qdslr.

Thanks